Does Retin a Cause Scars and Pits in the Face ?

I have been on retin-a for a week now but heard from many people in acne forums that retin-a causes new scars (pits) to form in the face and make the existing one more obvious and deeper. I am not sure how true is this but it made me worried. Many thanks

Long-Term use of Retin-A Improves Scars

+1

Rather than worsen or cause scars or permanent marks in the skin, retin-A improves scars and discoloration if used long-term and correctly.  It can be irritating and photo-sensitizing (irritating with the sun) so it should be used at night and with the appropriate application technique and frequency so as not to dry out or rash up the skin.