Should Retin A Be Applied Indefinitely or Just for a Period of Time?

I am 32 years old and have been using retin A 0.025% for years only for anti-aging purposes. I don't have acne. I have used it every two days, every three days but my skin is constantly irritated, flaky, no matter how much interval I put between applications. I used the lower percentage too. My Aesthetician said that I should stop using Retin A because it's not an ongoing treatment that lasts indefinitely and that Retin A should be applied only for a period of time and then stop. Is it true?

Retin A

+2

Retin A is a wonderful product.  We recommend our patients use Retin A forever.  Retin A comes in 3 strengths.  We start them on the low dose and gradually move them up.  You might try mixing it with a moisture product to see if you have less irritation.