Does Retin-A stop working over time?

I am 52. I used Retin-A for 10 year and the crepe-y skin ( cross-hatching of fine lines and thinning of the skin) under my eyes disappeared. Then it seemed to stop working. I heard it has a span of efficacy so I stopped using it about 18 months ago and now I am seeing the problem return , more evident and more often. If I reintroduce Retin-A, shall I see effective results as before?

Retin A efficacy

+2
You should see a very similar result - yes !.
However,  18 months ago it was summer and Retin A is much better tolerated during moist summer weather than in the dry air of winter. I would start with every second day application.

Boston Dermatologist