Using Retinoids, Antioxidants, Moisturisers Together?

I have been prescribed Retin-A 0.01% for acne, collagen and elastin production. I have also recently purchased the highly touted Bellaplex, plus Kiehl's Abyssine SPF25 moisturiser. For the past week, I've been applying them in that order, approximately 2 minutes apart in mornings and evernings. Could someone tell me if it's safe to be using all these things together? If so, how long should I leave between applying each one?

Layering product dilutes the active ingredients

+2

It is safe to use those products together, however you may not be optimizing your rejuvination regimen. Retin-A really only needs to be used at night, as sunlight can inactivate the retinoid. Antioxidants work best during the day when free radicals are being generated. Furthermore, layering products will dilute the active ingredients. Sometimes my patients want to dilute their Retin-A because it is too drying or irritating, especially when they first start using it. My recommendation to you to get the most out of your products without wasting them, is to use your antioxidant and sunscreen in the morning, waiting as long as possible between the two, and use your Retin-A by itself in the evenings.

Naples Dermatologist