Is Retin-A Going to Help with my Crow Feet?

I'm 22 years old and have very fair skin. I didn't use to wear sunglasses or use sunscreen when I was a teen. Now I have wrinkles around my eyes which are visible when I laugh. I've started to use Retin-A 0.25% two weeks ago. My skin tolerates it very well and is so soft now. But will it disappear my crow feet if I'll use it in long terms.

Long-Term Use of RetinA Improves Fine Lines and Wrinkles

+2

Long-term use of topical tretinoin (RetinA) will improve fine lines and wrinkles as it helps to build collagen in the skin. I recommend it to all my patients who can tolerate it.  If you are noticing the lines around your eyes when you laugh, these wrinkles are likely more dynamic (secondary to muscle movement) in nature.  Therefore, they may benefit as well from an injectable neurotoxin such as Botox or Dysport. I recommend you consult a local, well-trained, board-certified dermatologist or facial plastic surgeon for consultation of treatment options for these smile lines (crows feet). 

Retin-A helps minimize crow's feet wrinkles

+2

Retin-A helps build collagen in the skin and, in doing so, helps decrease fine lines and wrinkles.  This process is slow, taking months, so be patient.  Wrinkles at the crow's feet are caused also by repeated contraction of muscles when smiling or squinting.  Botox or Dysport can help relax these muscles and will give a more immediate improvement. 

Jonathan Sonne, MD
Naples Facial Plastic Surgeon