Can Retin A be 0.05% be used the same week as Dermarolling with 1.5 Needle?

I just heard I should not Derma Roll at home with 1.5 needle more than once per month. However , I can not find consistent information regarding the use of Retin A after Derma rolling. Can I apply it directly after?

Combining Retin-A with micro-needling

+1
Retin-A can safely be used at the same time as micro-needling as they affect different levels of the skin. Regarding the negative posts by some physicians about micro-needling, there are many good scientific studies showing that medical micro-needling really works. However, I am not a fan of rollers as they create a more erratic pattern of "tears" through the skin rather than the clean, more evenly distributed punctures seen with the motorized micro-needling machines. In my office we are getting excellent results using the combination of the RejuvaStamp micro-needling machine with RejuvaCells Stem Cell Serums. In a recent study, medical micro-needling was shown to increase epidermal thickness by 140% and the collagen bundles in the skin were increased and thickened as well.

South Burlington Dermatologic Surgeon

Retin A and Dermarolling

+1

Hi Anna. Retin A and dermal rollers are performing different functions for the skin. Retin A is exfoliating the skin (removing dead cells from the surface) and the dermaroller is just unnecessarily traumatizing your skin (we are not fans at all). With that said, you should be able to do both at once.

We have recently seen dermarollers explode in popularity, but we are concerned because, although they are cheap, we do not see any benefit. For some patients, we feel it is actually making their patients skin worse.

Harold J. Kaplan, MD