How Retainers with Finger Springs Work?

Could you please explain to me how a retainer with finger springs can move a front tooth labially when it appears that the springs are moving my teeth along the retaining front arch wire.

Finger springs can work

+2

Finger springs in a retainer can move teeth given three criteria:  constant force, time and someplace to move.  From what you have said....the labial bow is possibly restricting the tooth's forward movement.  Possibly, the tooth has completed the desired movement or the labial bow requires an adjustment to allow further movement.  A quick check-up visit to the provider is needed.

Sacramento Orthodontist