Retain Water After Breast Implants?

I keep a very strict diet and excersize and have gained this 15 pounds and can't figure out why. I have been told that you can retain water after implants. But is it possible that i still have water retention 1 year later? I weighed 120 and now weight 135. This is very frustrating because i have always worked very hard to stay in shape and can not remove the weight. What can i do?

Retain Water After Breast Implants?

This is a really common event following breast implants.. Patients often complain of Weighing  more

Weight gain after implants

15 pounds is not fromw water retention from implants. Either it is from weight gain due to poor calorie management, or another medical condition.  If your diet has not changed, get a physical.

Breast implants and water retention

Unfortunately, any weight gain would be limited to the breasts and that would not be much. It would also disappear within a couple of months. Maybe you should try a different scale?

Edward J. Domanskis, MD
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Breast Implants do NOT retain water

You will have to look again at your calorie consumption and usage. Breast implant surgery is not associated with swelling and water retention a year later. My guess is that something else is the answer.