Resuming Regular Exercise Routine After Abdominal Slim Lipo, when is It Safe?

I am 12 days post-op abdominal Slim Lipo, my PS removed 500 cc total. I usually exercise 6 days a week, whether running 4-5 miles or hot yoga with weights. One of the difficult things about recovery period is feeling heavy, heavier than before from swelling and not being able to exercise. When can I resume exercising without compromising the final result? Is it better to wait or sooner you exercise the better? Thank you.

After SlimLipo Laser Liposuction Resume Exercise At About Three Weeks

+2

Of course follow your doctors advice.

I recommend waiting until swelling and bruising has decreased usually 2-3 weeks.

Exercise increases blood flow and can increase swelling.

Be sure to wear form fitting exercise clothing to keep some degree of compression on the area treated with Slimlipo

Exercising after SLIM LIPO

+1

My advice is to go ahead and start working out, maybe try light cardio first, 

then start with your ab work next week.  Also wear your compression garments while you are working out for your comfort and decrease possibilities of seromas.  I usually advice my abdominal SLIM LIPO patients to exercise after about 10 days.  Good luck and enjoy your results.

Melinda Lirag Lacerna-Kimbrell, MD, FACS
Sarasota Plastic Surgeon