When Can I Resume Dancing After Rhinoplasty?

I posted a picture here asking if I could be a good candidate for the fillers. I got many helpful answers and decided to take their advice and have a Rhinoplasty. I will have it done early next month and I have a showcase on March 14th. I'm a bellydancer and need to practice in a troupe. Can I take it lightly and just go over the steps with them without putting too much effort? Is a week ok? And can I go back to work after one week? I will have the hump removed and tip tilted up. Thanks.

Dancing after rhinoplasty

+1
How soon after rhinoplasty a patient can dance will depend on a variety of factors including what was done during surgery, was there simultaneous septal, sinus or other internal nasal surgery, and the duration of surgery. In most cases, patients can return to regular activities and aerobic activities (dancing) 4 weeks following rhinoplasty surgery. It is important for you to discuss your restrictions with your surgeon as they may have a preference on how early you can resume exercise.

Dancing after rhinoplasty

+1

It is acceptable to start dancing two weeks after a rhinoplasty procedure. It is important not to bump the nose for at least a month after the procedure. This way the nose will not get dislodged from osteotomies that were performed.

Web reference: http://www.seattlefacial.com

Exercise after Rhinoplasty

+1

We allow patients to do aerobic activity at 1-2 weeks after surgery.  Any contact sports (which dancing can be) needs to wait 4-6 weeks to allow the nasal bones to heal in place. 

Portland Facial Plastic Surgeon

Minimize activity to minimize swelling after rhinoplasty

+1

I recommend waiting 4 weeks after rhinoplasty to minimize risk of swelling.  Also if your nose is going to be broken as part of the procedure, I am always concerned about the impact from exercise potentially displacing the bone. 

Santa Ana Plastic Surgeon

Resuming dancing after rhinoplasty.

+1

There is no exact answer to the question. I tell my patients that are professional dancers to give lessons in 7-10 days without straining. They can resume full dancing if they have to in 3 weeks.

Dancing and Exercise after Nose Job

+1

The nose is notorious for staying swollen for a long time after surgery. As a result, as surgeons we want the overlying skin to stick back down to the bone and cartilage framework ASAP after surgery to minimize the ability of any swelling to lift it off.

Dancing and exercise involve a mild increase (more in some) in blood pressure and increased swelling which while good for your health is really not good for the healing process. I therefore would prefer 3 weeks of rest to lower the likelihood of much more prolonged nasal swelling.

Personally - since you are paying a surgeon for the operation, you really should get his input on what he would prefer that you do.

Dr. P. Aldea

Dancing after a rhinoplasty

+1

A week after a rhinoplasty surgery may be a bit soon to do exertional activity. Certainly a "walk through" would be OK.

I usually have patients wait about 3-4 weeks for aerobic activities to start and about 6 weeks for major working out.

Dancing after Rhinoplasty

+1

Like the vaudeville comedian says, "Only if you knew how before!" Of course you can, but I recommend a 6-week wait to be perfectly safe. Regards!

Ok to dance 3 weeks after nose job as long as you avoid the mosh pit, slam dancing or crowd surfing.

+1

As stated by Dr. Persky, 3 weeks subsequent to a rhinoplasty is acceptable to perform light duty, low impact activities. Some can commence at 2 weeks. However, bending forward or backward while dancing such as arching your back in belly dancing can cause feelings of nasal congestion. I would take it easy with these moves.

When can I resume dancing after Rhinoplasty?

+1

Hi CC,

It is best to have your surgeon answer your questions for you. We usually let patients resume light excercise (walk around the block) after one week. Slow moves after 7 to 10 days would be okay. Full exercise after rhinoplasty is okay after 18 to 21 days.

Good luck and enjoy your new nose.

Dr. P