Are these results possible? (photo)

I'm considering rhinoplasty because I am unhappy with the shape of my nose, I want a more structured nose and I'd like to remove some of the cartilage from the tip. My nose is a little bulbous, and it doesn't have much of a "shape" I feel like the tip has a bit too much extra cartilage, and I'd like a more chiseled nose. I've attached a picture, the picture on the left is my nose, and the right is the nose I'd like, do you think these results would be possible?

Realistic expectations with rhinoplasty

+1

It is impossible to give you someone else's nose, so its best to do computer imaging with your own nose. Virtual rhinoplasty software is available on the link below to give yourself an idea what can be accomplished with your own nose, rather than someone else's

Rhinoplasty expectations

+1

Your photos show the general idea of what you would achieve with some refinement of your nasal tip. Concentrate on selection of the right surgeon and I believe your goals could be reached.

Ronald J. Edelson, MD

Are These Rhinoplasty Results Possible

+1

Your expectations are reasonable. I suggest that you also consider slightly decreasing the increased width of the base of your tip and increasing the width of your nose above the tip shown in the morphed that you submitted; this will make your entire nose more proportional. Even if you don't want these changes discuss all of your alternatives with an experienced surgeon before making a decision.

How to define reasonable results for rhinoplasty

+1

Based on your photographs, you have realistic expectations for your rhinoplasty results.

Those type of changes are relatively straightforward. Your surgeon should be able to sculpt your tip into a more refined shape by trimming the excess off of the lower cartilages.

A full rhinoplasty evaluation requires a personal exam to take a look at your nose, both inside and out. I would recommend and evaluation with a local expert for a personalized discussion of your desires. He/she will be able to show you some before and after photographs and give you an expectation about recovery, cost, etc.

Yours in good health, MKB

Michael Bowman, MD
Montgomery Facial Plastic Surgeon

Tip refinement rhinoplasty

+1

good morning Alyssa

I think this before and after stimulation or set of photographs you have here shows a reasonable blueprint for an outcome for your rhinoplasty if that before photograph is U in the photo. In general he'll need what is known is a cephalic trim as well as a few other maneuvers during her rhinoplasty to achieve this particular look. While I would say it is reasonable for you to get very close to this result I couldn't say for sure that it would look exactly as this example you have here.

Be sure to see a few good board-certified facial plastic surgeons before proceeding. There is no substitute for a good physical exam so take all of the advised to receive online as comments and information but not a true surgical plan.

Best of luck

Chase Lay, MD
Double board-certified facial plastic surgeon

Chase Lay, MD
Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

Are these results possible?

+1

I think that the photo of what you wish for is very similiar to what results you should be able to achieve with a rhinoplasty- Good luck!

Amy T. Bandy, DO, FACS
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Are these results possible?

+1

The photo of your preferred look should certainly be attainable for you. Pick an experienced surgeon.

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

Your expectations are realistic

+1

You need to have multiple consultations with board certified plastic surgeons to find a surgeon with experience and skills. You can get great result.

Kamran Khoobehi, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

Are these results possible?

+1

Yes, you should be able to come pretty close to that. tip cartilage reduction and suture techniques should be able to give you that look.

Michael L. Schwartz, MD
West Palm Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty results possible?

+1

Hi there,

Your expectations seem quite realistic. Your desired shape has a similar character to your own nose, and modifying your tip cartilage complex can be done in a way which refines your shape to be more like the nose you like.

A consultation with an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon in your area will assist you in making your decisions.

All the very best.

Howard Webster, MBBS, FRACS
Melbourne Plastic Surgeon