Results of Steroid injection permanent? (rhinoplasty)

I had a steroid injection done recently. it was injected in my nose tip and also into one of my alar rims. the side that was injected looks much fuller than the other side. it almost looks like a small bump has formed. is this permanent or will the effects of the steroid injection wear off?

+1

This may be result of the injection itself, but I would return to your surgeon for an evaluation.

Los Angeles, California

Steroid injection after rhinoplasty

+1

Steroid injections are often used to manage post rhinoplasty swelling. Right after the injection the area can feel firm and possible look more swollen. This is usually a temporary effect and should improve over a period of six to eight weeks. If you are concerned call your doctor so that they can take a look.

Richard A. Bartlett, MD
Brookline Plastic Surgeon