No Results from Smartlipo?

I had Smart Lipo about 2 weeks ago on my abs and love handles, and I really don't see any results. If anything I have become bigger in my lower abs. I know some of this is due to swelling, but I have added 3 in. to my waist. So my question is, usually how long is it before you start to see some kind of measurement loss? And visible signs of results on the treated areas? Thank you for any response and your time.

Smartlipo liposuction results may be seen after 2 weeks

+1

Results from smartlipo liposuction can be seen as soon as 2 weeks or as long as 2 months. Many factors contribute to the rate of healing including patient genetics, patient nutrition, patient exercise, amount of swelling, and so on.

Chicago Dermatologist

True results after SmartLipo are seen after 4 weeks or more.

+1

True results after SmartLipo are seen after 4 weeks or more.  Initially you will have some swelling and induration of the tissue and therefore your weight and your measurements may actually increase initially.

By 4 or more weeks most of the fluid has resorbed and the tissue inflammation is resolving nicely.

One of the great aspects of SmartLipo is the ability to tighten and shrink the skin which may take months before complete results are noticeable.

Richard H. Fryer, MD
Salt Lake City Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction results and smartlipo

+1

swelling may persist significantly for some people to blunt the results for a couple to a few months. If compression garments are worn, they  may help produce less swelling. If you ask your surgeon how many ccs of fat were removed from the surgical site you may feel reassured that you can expect a reduction in volume if that number is significant.

Ronald Shelton, MD