Can I Get the Same Results of Silhouette Threads with a Liquid Facelift ( with Fillers )?

I want volume and lifting on my face I'm only 28 but my face is very flat, can the liquid facelift help with the same results of Silhouette threads, also can the liquid facelift help with Symmetry and Balance of my face ? Thank you so much for your help!

Liquid Facelifts and Threads and Nonsense.

+2

Thread lifts are worthless.  Period.  Do not waste you precious money on nonesense.   The same for fine line lifts, feather lifts, barbed lifts, Russian lifts....all nonsense.   Worthless waste of your money.   Go see a plastic surgeon boarded by the American Board of Plastic Surgery who is also a Fellow of the American College of Surgeons and has major hospital operating privileges.   The liquid face lift is sort of nonsense also.  The word facelift in this context is deceptive.   At age 28, seeking plastic surgery, go to your local university service where the ABPS surgeons you meet are more interested in your happiness than in financial gain.   Also go to a great University cosmetic clinic and get opinions.  The University Dermatologsts can offer help.   At age 28 I wonder if you need anything, but you may.  I have  done many procedures on young people, but ony after careful discussion.  Get many opinions.   Seek consutation with great Dermatologists such as Bruce Saal, MD in Los Gatos., California.  Bruce is one of the brightest derm doctors in the world.  Do your homework.  Truly great doctors will not charge you consultation fees and will see you personally one on one.  Be a hard nosed consumer.  You will be okay.   My best to you,  Dr G Commons.

Palo Alto Plastic Surgeon

At 28 years old, go for the Fillers!

+2

I see patients of all ages in my practice and my goal is to see them all happy with their results and their investment in themselves. For a 28 year old with concerns about her midface area, I would recommend hyaluronic acid (HA) filler injections to the cheeks for a natural appearing rejuvenation. Although HA products, such as Restylane, Perlane or Juvederm, are not permament products, I tell my patients that I use the potential downside of impermanence as a Benefit to achieve long term natural results for my patients. Our faces change all the time. When we look at photos of ourselves from even 1 year ago - we notice changes. Semipermanent products such as the HA's allow the injections to naturally change with you so that your results are always current and best suited for you TODAY. A permanent product place now may look good now, but who knows how it will look in 5, 10 or 50 years? So enjoy your 20's, enjoy your filler, and we'd be happy to take care of you if you're ever in Dallas.

Benjamin Bassichis, MD, FACS
Dallas Facial Plastic Surgeon

Liquid Facelift vs Silhouette Threads

+1

Silhouette threads do not give the same results as liquid face lifting. Liquid face lifting, if done correctly, is a beautiful way to re-contour the face and lift certain sections and pull certain sections. Thread lifts, by their nature, are single vectors and pull in only one direction. They almost never result in a natural look and often do not last. Even in the best hands they often result in a pulled artificial look. Because our faces age in three dimensions and in different areas, a surgical face lift or liquid face lift can address all the areas of change.  This cannot be done with mini facelifts or thread facelifts.

Joseph A. Eviatar, MD, FACS
New York Oculoplastic Surgeon

Liquid facelift provides more natural volume than threads

+1

The volumizers- including fillers , fat transfers, and sculptra- all provide a replacement of volume we lose over time. The consensus is they will restore the volume we tend to lose. That is a big reason our skin sags with time - loss of volume.

Christopher J. Peers, MD
South Bend Facial Plastic Surgeon

Liquid facelift better than threads

+1

Suspension lifts such as Threadlifts, Contour lifts, Featherlift, Silhouette lift, are fairly ineffective and very short lasting.  Not the best value for the money spent.  Fillers will provide you a longer lasting improvement for the same cost

Sam Naficy, MD

At age 28 - Lean towards the fillers for facial rejuvenation!

+1

Dear Urbay,

At age 28, it would be unusual for you to be a candidate for a "real" Facelift procedure, as it is unlikely that you have significant laxity and descent of facial tissues to justify the operation.  You are on the right tract considering these minimally invasive modalities, as they are best suited for young patients who are beginning to show signs of facial aging.  As you are complaining that your face appears flat, fillers will probably give you the look you are hoping to achieve.  You might also consider neuromodulators (Botox, Dysport, etc), that can give a lift effect around the eyes.  I'd discourage you from the thread type lift procedures, as historically they are short lived, and will leave permanent sutures under the skin which are bothersome for future surgical interventions.

Dr.B

Michael A. Bogdan, MD, FACS

If volume loss is your main issue than liquid facelift is a better option

+1

if volume loss is your main issue then liquid facelift will actually be a better option...you likely do not need lifting but volumizing which is what the liquid facelift does!

Babak Azizzadeh, MD

Avoid Thread Facelift-Fillers-Liquid Facelift best to restore cheek volume in young person

+1

Thread lifts cause bunching deformities in the cheek and the threads often fail after time with the skin dropping down. Avoid threads.

Especially in a young person who wants more mid face volume the soft tissue fillers such as Perlane and Radiesse do an excellent job of plumping the cheeks, a procedure often called the Liquid Facelift. In fact, adding volume to the cheek with fillers does lift the cheek as can be seen by the improvement of the Nasal labial Fold Line after only cheek filler injection.

In my experience and opinion, a more substantial filler such as Perlane or Radiesse is more effective at plumping the cheek than are other fillers such as Restylane and Juvederm.

Brooke R. Seckel, MD, FACS

Face Lift, Mini Face Lift, The Palmer Celebrity Face Lift, Beverly Hills Face Lift

+1

I understand that people would like Face Lift type results with threads or fillers but the reality is that while fillers are great at filling and shaping various parts of the face...they do not lift or tighten loose skin and muscles.  They can't and you should not buy into that type of marketing hype.  The same can be said about the often hyped fat transfer procedures that have recently been dubbed "Stem Cell" Face Lifts.  These are sadly more hype than truth.

Liquid facelift or thread lift to improve facial volume

+1

Improving the volume loss of your face (the flatness you describe) would likely be a very high yield procedure to improve your appearance.

Thread lifting has fallen out of favor due to problems with poor, temporary results and other complications. At your age, I wouldn't recommend a more formal lifting procedure. I suspect that you will find that improving your volume loss will provide a bit of a lift to your skin thanks to the better tissue projection.

A liquid facelift involves the use of fillers such as restylane, juvederm or radiesse. Another option would be facial fat grafting which involves the use of your own fat that is processed and then carefully injected into your face.

Thomas A. Lamperti, MD