Will Results Be Significantly Different After Alarplasty Swelling Subsides?

I just had an alarplasty done a few days ago and while the nostrils do look a little narrower, it is not quite what I was expecting.(after 2 days it roughly looks about the same as before) I know have to account for the "swelling" but how much of a difference in size can i expect? Thanks in advance

Swelling with Alarplasty

+1

Results are never immediate. Swelling will significantly resolve over several weeks, not several days. Anxiety right after surgery is common. Discuss with your surgeon.

Alarplasty and Swelling

+1

Hi,

Your rhinoplasty surgeon is the best source to answer your question as she/he knows what was surgically performed.  Be patient and let the swelling resolve. 

Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Michael A. Persky, MD

different after alarplasty swelling

+1

No photos of before vs immediately after?? I think the swelling is an issue as you stated. Please wait for 4 weeks before you seek an answer to this issue.

From MIAMI DR. B