Results Following SA Bodysculpture, Over a Year Later, I Still Don't See a Change, Normal?

Almost a year and a half post-procedure, and I am still unable to recognize any significant improvement to my stomach, nor any other areas that were treated. Even though the lower portion of my abdomen, the section directly above the mons, has been "lifted" and is relatively flat now, it appears to me that the fat deposits were merely relocated above that area, creating a deformed, 'pouch'like appearance. With this particular procedure, shouldn't the results have been slightly more perspicuous?

Doesn't see difference 1.5 years after liposculpture

+2

Without pre and postoperative photos, one can't comment on your results. There should be some difference between the before and after results for surgery to have been worth it. I suggest that you return to your doctor and review your results with him/her. Comparisons of the before and after results should reveal some changes if, indeed, improvements were made.

+1

Without photos it is hard to tell, but from what you are describing it seems that more liposuction of the abdomen will be required in order to smooth the skin out more evenly.

Julio Garcia, MD

Body contour and surgery

+1

It is hard to say what is going on without having more information. It would be nice to knwo exactly what type of surgery you ahd, what your weight was and is now, and what your photos before and after look like.

Liposuction Results?

+1

To give you an accurate assessment it would be necessary to compare before and after pictures. Obviously, your plastic surgeon will be in the best position to evaluate your results. You may want to visit with him/her to discuss your concerns.

Liposuction

+1

SA Bodysculpture is just tumescent liposuction performed without IV sedation or general anesthesia. I cannot understand how anyone can justify the addition of another term to the liposuction lexicon which is already too crowded. Without knowing what you looked like before surgery, exactly what was done at surgery or what you look like now it is impossible to answer your post in any specific detail. The problem could lie anywhere from poorly performed surgery to well performed surgery in the wrong patient to expected changes from continued body accumulation of fat that now has to be deposited elsewhere.

My response to your question/post does not represent formal medical advice or constitute a doctor patient relationship. You need to consult with i.e. personally see a board certified plastic surgeon in order to receive a formal evaluation and develop a doctor patient relationship.

Aaron Stone, MD