Are these results possible/reasonable with Rhinoplasty? (photo)

I'm considering rhinoplasty because I am unhappy with the shape of my nose, I want a more structured nose and I'd like to remove some of the cartilage from the tip. My nose is a little bulbous, and it doesn't have much of a "shape" I feel like the tip has a bit too much extra cartilage, and I'd like a more chiseled nose. I've attached a picture, the picture on the left is my nose, and the right is the nose I'd like, do you think these results would be possible?

Reasonable expectations with rhinoplasty

+1

The picture you have submitted is possible to obtain but it is important to have realistic expectations. While the end result in the right picture is reasonable, surgery is not exact and the healing process can be unpredictable. You can expect to have a similar result but not an exact replica. You will also need to have considerable patience as the final result is not evident for at least 9 months to a year due to longer swelling in the tip.

Rhinoplasty

+1

Rhinoplasty results are very individually dependent. Thinning a bullbous tip and nasal width can be accomplished. you have to be prepared for swelling of the tip to last a year.

Realistic results for a rhinoplasty

+1

It's important have realistic results and not try to obtain someone else's nose. Rhinoplasty surgeons have to use patient's own existing cartilage, bone and skin structure to obtain a result that looks very natural and appears un-operated upon. For many examples of noses similar to year own, please see our photo Gallery Link to rhinoplasty below

Tip refinement in Rhinoplasty

+1

A bulbous nasal tip can be improved by sculpting and suture-refining the tip cartilages. This can be done through an open or endonasal approach, depending on your needs and the surgeon's preference. Consult with an experienced facial plastic surgeon who can demonstrate results that you admire.

Roy A. David, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Are these results possible/reasonable with Rhinoplasty?

+1

I think that your goals are achievable with regard to tip refinement.

Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties and rhinoplasty revisions each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Rhinoplasty for the bulbous tip.

+1

A rhinoplasty for your bulbous tip can achieve results similar to what you have submitted. These changes should be done in a conservative fashion as you have done without over narrowing of the tip. Select

Realistic expectations during rhinoplasty

+1

I think you did a pretty good job of selecting a nose that is anatomically similar to yours. The shape/length of the nose, nasal bones and middle vault are similar to yours. The picture you have attached has a smaller and more refined tip, but in terms of size is an achievable goal. Achieving the same type of boxy shape, however, is more challenging. While it is possible to create a similar shape, it may be a little unrealistic to think the same shape is achievable.

Donald B. Yoo, MD