No Results One Month After Zeltiq, Too Soon to Worry?

I am a 41 year old male who is normal weight and height 5'8 165 pounds however I have had these stubborn areas of my flanks and upper abdomen that do not respond to diet and exercise so I decided to do Zeltiq. It has been one month last Friday since my Zeltiq procedure to the upper abdomen and I cannot see any visible results, is it too soon to be concerned? I have read that most people see results at the 3 week mark. Please advise. Thank you

CoolSculpting Results

+1

You may start to see changes as quickly as three weeks after your treatment, and will experience the most dramatic results after two months. But your body will still flush out fat cells and continues doing so for up to four to six months after treatment.

Results of Zeltiq are seen around three to four months

+1

Granted, many of my patients feel that the CoolSculpting by Zeltiq has helped them in the first few weeks, but I only start to see the improvement around the third to fourth month. Patients who have undergone this treatment will be a little puffy for a couple of weeks or more! Then as the fat cells die and are processed by the body, the clothing will fit better and many patients see themselves differently when others can't yet perceive the difference because the patient feels thinner.

Ronald Shelton, MD

3 Weeks after Coolsculpting

+1

Greetings~

Don't be discouraged if you haven't seen the results you had hoped for at 3 weeks.  Some patients do start to see results at the 3 weeks mark but others do not.  Seeing the results sooner is not indicative of an overall better result. . Remember that Coolsculpting only targets and treats 20-25% of the fat cells in a given area so some patients may need 2-3 treatments for optimal results. Treatment is also dependent on how much fat was able to be sucked in to the applicator.  If an insufficient amount of tissue was in the chamber, despite adequate suction then the treatment may not be optimal. You may also want to review any before photos with your provider because often the results are difficult to appreciate on your own body since the fat is diminishing gradually.  Don't give up!  Coolsculpting works.

Good luck~

Dr. Grant Stevens

Grant Stevens, MD

"No Results After One Month After Coolsculpting Treatment"

+1

After a coolsculpting treatment it takes upwards of 4 months to see your final results. Some people start to see changes as early as one month but the average is about 2 months before you can appreciate change. 

Lori A. Brightman, MD

Coolsculpting results

+1

Coolsculpting works great when the patient is selected. Typically this is determined by quality, location and amount of fat. We start to see results usually by 2-3 months latest, sometimes sooner.

Steven Hacker, MD
West Palm Beach Dermatologic Surgeon

CoolSculpting Results

+1

Yes, in my opinion, one month is too soon to be worried about the results. Although some patients see results after 3-4 weeks, most need to wait 2-4 months before seeing the results.  

Be patient and hopefully you will love your results.

What I have also found is that it is best for patients to return to the treating physician's office to take "after" photos and when they see the before and after photos side by side, it is the best way to see the results.

CoolSculpting results take time..

+1

Find comfort in knowing that the best results are seen in 3 to 4 months for CoolSculpting. While some patients see results sooner that is not the majority. However, of all the patients we have treated at our practice they have all seen some kind of result at some point, which is encourging.

All the best "Dr. Joe"

Joe Gryskiewicz, MD, FACS
Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

How long does it take to see results from CoolSculpting?

+1

Do not be discouraged although some patients can see results as early as three weeks the most dramatic results will be seen somewhere between the second to fourth month after treatment.  In fact I have had a patient return after two months and having shown little improvement and then only to come back after four months and shown impressive results.  Remember with CoolSculpting we are freezing the fat which causes the body to remove the fat in a natural metabolic process. Because everybody metabolizes things differently the fat will be cleared by the body at different rates depending upon the metabolic processes of the individual.  Hang in there.

Ted Brezel, MD
Long Island Dermatologist

CoolSculpting results in 90 days.

+1

What we find in most of our patients is that it truly does take a full 90 days to see your complete results.Some patients do start seeing some difference at about 4 weeks but not everyone. The majority of our patients are satisfied with just one treatment but you can see more in the 40% up reduction range with a second treatment. We have seen wonderful results with CoolSculpting so do not be discouraged.

Frederick Lester, MD

+1

I'm hearing/seeing more and more patients being dissatisfied with the "ZELTIQ" therapy. I have never offered this therapy because I was not fully convinced it gave reproducible results. Your options are: 1. Live with it, and/or seek other more invasive treatments or do nothing, 2. Ask for a secondary therapy session, 3. Request a refund (doubtful to get anything back). If you read here on RealSelf.com 75% have acceptable results, I find that might be inaccurate.