No Results from Laser Lipo on Thighs and Flanks?

I had Laser lipo on my thighs and flanks 1 1/2 year ago. I workout 3-4 days a week, 2 of those days are with a personal trainer. I see no change in my upper thighs and flanks. Do my workouts effect this?

Laser Liposuction

+1

How much fat was removed at the time of liposuction?  The thighs and flanks is an area where too much is a disaster with more dimpling and indents.  Be careful about having too much removed.

Danville Plastic Surgeon

No results after laser liposuction

+1

I doubt it is your workouts, especially in the flanks where it is very hard to bulk-up with muscle. Most likely, you either gained weight after treatment or more liposuction should have been done. Bring this up to your surgeon and ask if a touch-up can be done.

Karol A. Gutowski, MD, FACS
Ohio Plastic Surgeon

Personal trainers may build bulk where tone is preferred

+1

I have seen many patients who in a sincere effort to become fit embark on an aggressive course of diet and excercise.

Many well intentioned personal trainers advise squats in an effort to tone the thighs and legs. The end result is bigger muscular toned thighs. In many instances, women are seeking thinner appearing less bulky thighs. I have recommended that women pursue less of a muscle strengthening regimen and instead consider a Pilates or Yoga style course of excercise.