Results from Juvederm Much Worse Than Restylane. Product or Injector?

Bad result. Is it Juvederm or injector?Resty by plastic surgeon a month ago for chin & NL w/o pain, soft/natural, then lost volume. 2nd appt was w/a PA, used Juvederm ,very painful injection.One side of chin w/lg lump(mini Jay Leno)not blending w/jaw. After "smoothing" swelling got worse.Said she didn't see difference & same amt in both sides-defensively. Now,bruise circles lump-more obvious.Worried side will stay larger & @ technique.One NL w/thick line parallel above fold & more volume below.Worried @ Juve moving below the folds.TY.

Fillers

+4

Restylane and Juvederm are the same hyaluronic acid with minor differences. The injector is the most important factor in achieving the desired results.

Non MD injectors, and Non skilled MD injectors are the cause of many of the problems. You should choose your injector as you choose your surgeon and doctor. The non MD might have been cheaper but now the repair is becoming expensive

It is not the filler. Juvederm is an excellent product.

+4

As I have always preached it is not the filler (the product) but the FILLER (the injector) that makes all the difference. Always see a board certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon WHO DOES A LOT OF INJECTIONS. A plastic surgeon who is operating all day long or a dermatologist who takes care of medical skin problems are not focused on injectables. Certainly a non- MD like a PA would not even be on my list of appropriate injectors. The results you experienced were in no way related to the Juvederm. A good dermatologist or plastic surgeon may be able to improve the result. Lesson learned?

Mary P. Lupo, MD
New Orleans Dermatologist

Filler injections

+3

The quality of the injector will certainly make a difference in the quality of the result olver the long term.  While bruising can happen in almost any case, the aesthetic result is in the hands and eyes of the injector.

The injector is the most important factor when it comes to filler outcomes

+3

There are some minor differences between the Restylane family of products and the Juvederm family of products.   But when it comes to the results from their injections, it is the injector and his or her abilities which is the biggest factor.  Make sure you choose a physician who is highly trained and skilled in their injections.  Board certified dermatologists and plastic surgeons usually have the most training because it is part of our training.

I hope you find my answer helpful. 

Steven E. Rasmussen, MD, FAAD
Austin Dermatologist

Restylane and Juvederm

+1

Restylane and Juvederm are both hyaluronic acid fillers and both can be used for the chin and nasolabial folds.  The best cosmetic result is achieved by an experienced injector.  Return to the plastic surgeon for assessment and revision of your fillers.

Martie Gidon, MD, FRCPC
Toronto Dermatologist

Juvederm vs Restylane - product or injector

+1

I had a little trouble understanding exactly what problems you are experiencing from your post.  However, both products are equally great and are very commonly used in the areas you describe.  If you have concerns about your results, I'd recommend you see your doctor and talk to him/her.  If there are little areas of asymmetry they can potentially be improved or if there are any lumps, the product can be dissolved.  I'm sure he/she would be happy to help you.

Dr. Cat Begovic M.D.

Catherine Huang-Begovic, MD

Restylane and Juvederm both provide great results

+1

Juvederm and Restylane can produce the same great results. Technique can make a big difference in how fast the filler is injected, the size needle, mixture with anesthetic and other variables. If you remain dissatisfied with too much filler in some areas it can be injected with hyaluronidase so see the doctor for evaluation.

Ronald Shelton, MD