15 Weeks Post-op - Will my Results Improve at This Point?

I am 15 weeks post-op. My breasts were uneven before surgery, but my PS decided not to use 2 different sized implants. I received same in each one. At my 3 month appt, he said he would like the right implant drop a bit more, but it may or may not. He said this "may just be how I am." Should I request a revision at 6 months-1 year? I am upset my doctor didn't at least TRY to improve my uneveness by using 2 different sizes. Photos were taken in mirror, so right looks bigger but its actually left.

Breast assymetry

+2

Your asymmetry is not great but is notable.  It looks like you don't have much breast tissue, so a saline implant would not be recommended.  Saline is better for adjusting for slight asymmetries.  It looks as if the implant on the right in the photo is a bit medial(toward the middle).  Don't count on a revision creating perfect symmetry.

Talmage J Raine MD FACS

Post op Augmentation results

+2

Overall your results look very good.  Not having the benefit of seeing your preop photos, almost all women are asymmetric to some degree, but placing different size implants is not necessarily the answer.  Breast volume, position of inframmary creases or folds, cleavage position, nipple position and skin envelope(loose or tight skin) are all important considerations in planning an augmentation. Many asymmetries persist despite trying to correct them at the time of surgery.   Your breasts will change over the course of a year or so. I would not rush into a revision.  Give it more time and see how things look over the next 3-6 months.  Keep an open communication with your surgeon and look at your preop photos with the surgeon.You will probably be able to see these differences more clearly and have a better understanding of what you see.  Good luck.

Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.