The Results of my Gynecomastia Are Not Great - Please Help

Theses are the Results of my Surgery I want to get a Second oppion on it and what should I do to solve this problem. I dont know what to do and feel that im going to have to go to another Doctor to get this fixed. Please help me!!!

Gy

Hi 6787anon,

Thanks for the post and the photos. It is difficult to address your concerns directly without knowing how far out from surgery this is and what your chest looked like pre surgery. The issues I see in the photo are the thickened scars and the high nipple/areola positions. Scars can be treated with massage, creams, steroid injections, but are also expected to improve with time. Scars can take up to 1.5 years to settle. As for the nipple position. This is a more difficult thing to treat without creating more scars. I suggest you seek a second opinion with a board certified plastic surgeon who specializes in gynecomastia surgery.

Sincerely,

Dr. Dadvand

Results

I suggest you see an experienced board certified plastic surgeon for a second opinion. They may help you with the appearance of your scars.

I assume you are not happy with the scarring.  Scars are unfortunately permanent but can fade over time.  The appearance of the scars can be improved with lasers.  Discuss the options with your surgeon or another board certified plastic surgeon.

John T. Nguyen, MD, FACS, FICS
Double Board Certified Plastic Surgeon

John Nguyen, MD, FACS

Severe an d advanced Gynecomastia (male breasts) may require large scars for correction

IF this is less than 6 months after surgery, it is likley that you scars will soften and fade, Avoiding sun exposure, triamcinolone injections (=/- botulinum toxin and/or 5 FU), topical silicone and tme may help ease their appearance. Depending on where you started this could be considered an excellent result. I only reserve these type of surgical approaches for the most severe candidates typically following massive weight loss with terrible skin elasticity or for those males with marked skin exccess. This may be the best result you could have achieved with what you presented.

Bad result after gynecomastia correction.

Hi.

This is not the kind of problem for long distance advice.  See at least two other board certified plastic surgeons.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Disappointing Result of Gynecomastia Surgery

I agree this result is not great BUT it can only be judged in light of how big and sagging your man breasts were before the surgery. You obviously were not a candidate for liposuction and gland excision and were big enough to require a mastectomy with nipple transfer/preservation.

Depending on how much time passed since the surgery, the scars can be surgically revised to make them less obvious and depending on the surgical technique used, the breasts area MAY be able to be further flattened with further liposuction. This can only be done after a long time has passed and the blood supply through the skin has reestablished.

To ease your mind select a Plastic surgeon who enjoys doing Gynecomastia cases and present him with your BEFORE pictures to get a fair evaluation.

Dr. Aldea

Gynecomastia

It is difficult to comment without seeing your before surgery pictures.

Your scar is fresh, and has areas of hypertropyh, this can be treated with cortisone injections and silicone gell sheeting.

Your nipples are in the wrong position for a male. Changing the position after having what seems a nipple areola graft is difficult without leaving another scar.

See a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon for an opinion.