The Results of my Gynecomastia Are Not Great - Please Help

Theses are the Results of my Surgery I want to get a Second oppion on it and what should I do to solve this problem. I dont know what to do and feel that im going to have to go to another Doctor to get this fixed. Please help me!!!

Promoted Local Answer Promoted local answers are based on Featured Doctor activity within your current location.

Gynecomastia surgery recovery and a confused patient

+1

I am sure the surgeon spoke to you about the scars and gave you other surgical options. This particular method of surgery you choose results always with permanent scarring which may improve or diminish wihin1-2 years. Since you are confused,a second opinion by an experienced Plastic/Gynecomastia surgeon is a good idea. 

Severe an d advanced Gynecomastia (male breasts) may require large scars for correction

+1

IF this is less than 6 months after surgery, it is likley that you scars will soften and fade, Avoiding sun exposure, triamcinolone injections (=/- botulinum toxin and/or 5 FU), topical silicone and tme may help ease their appearance. Depending on where you started this could be considered an excellent result. I only reserve these type of surgical approaches for the most severe candidates typically following massive weight loss with terrible skin elasticity or for those males with marked skin exccess. This may be the best result you could have achieved with what you presented.

Web reference: http://www.bodysculptor.com/male-plastic-surgery-chicago/male-breast-reduction/

Bad result after gynecomastia correction.

+1

Hi.

This is not the kind of problem for long distance advice.  See at least two other board certified plastic surgeons.

Disappointing Result of Gynecomastia Surgery

+1

I agree this result is not great BUT it can only be judged in light of how big and sagging your man breasts were before the surgery. You obviously were not a candidate for liposuction and gland excision and were big enough to require a mastectomy with nipple transfer/preservation.

Depending on how much time passed since the surgery, the scars can be surgically revised to make them less obvious and depending on the surgical technique used, the breasts area MAY be able to be further flattened with further liposuction. This can only be done after a long time has passed and the blood supply through the skin has reestablished.

To ease your mind select a Plastic surgeon who enjoys doing Gynecomastia cases and present him with your BEFORE pictures to get a fair evaluation.

Dr. Aldea

Gynecomastia

+1

It is difficult to comment without seeing your before surgery pictures.

Your scar is fresh, and has areas of hypertropyh, this can be treated with cortisone injections and silicone gell sheeting.

Your nipples are in the wrong position for a male. Changing the position after having what seems a nipple areola graft is difficult without leaving another scar.

See a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon for an opinion.