How Long Will Results of Endoscopic Browlift with Ribbon Last?

I was told I needed a Endoscopic Browlift with a ribbon device. Does this work well and how long will it last?

Endoscopic browlift with ribbon

+1

We do not recommend any ribbon devices. The forehead lift is a very complicated operation that has both static and dynamic components. The static components are the actual fixation device whereby the fascial layers of the scalp are sewn together in the fixation hold. Ribbons will be felt throughout the scalp and are unreliable. No one knows how long the ribbon device will last. The dynamic component of the forehead is addressed through softening the corrugator frontalis and procerus muscles. The frontalis act as elevators of the forehead, while the corrugators act as depressors of the forehead. Additionally, the level of the hairline needs to be considered, as it will certainly shift either up or down depending upon placement of the incision.

Web reference: http://www.seattlefacial.com

Ribbon Endoscopic Browlift

+1

There aren't any long-term studies on the effectiveness of the ribbon lift.There is no known advantage to this approach. I would suggest having fixation with one of the established techniques.

Endoscopic Brow Lift Expectations

+1

A few comments.

Strictly speaking, no one NEEDS a cosmetic surgical procedure. Unlike the real need for surgery by a ruptured appendix, or a poor soul pulled from under one of the Haitian houses, cosmetic surgery is a discretionary activity. So - while you MAY "benefit" from a cosmetic procedure - none of us "needs" one.

Secondly, the COAPT company produces several devices; the RIBBON is used for face and neck lifts while the same company produces the ENDOTINE devices which are used in brow lifting. Your surgeon was probably referring to the Endotine device.

I agree with both Drs. Placik and Rand. Those of us with more than 10 years experience in Cosmetic surgery reflexively glaze over whenever we see a new device which promises perfect, long-term forehead lift fixation. Ever since endoscopic forehead lifting began in the early 1990's, there have been many ways / fads for 'lasting' fixation. most have come and gone.

While I agree the Endotine is the most promising device so far - I have not seen large, long term studies proving such assertions.

Dr. P. Aldea

Ribbon browlifts

+1

There are no large series of long-term results with ribbon browlifts. In studies of browlifting, about 30% of patients felt they didn't get as much as they wanted and 30% of doctors also didn't feel they got the lift they wanted to create.

Consequently, new modes of fixation of the brow have been sought and the ribbon is one of them. Whenever there are many ways to do an operation, you know that nobody has the "right answer" for sure. So, you can do the ribbon or the endotine or whatever else your doctor suggests but ask them how long they've used it and on how many patients and ask to speak with a patient who is at least a year postop for their opinion.

Good luck!

Web reference: http://www.randcosmeticsugery.com

Ribbon endoscopic brow lift

+1

This is a relatively new procedure and I am relatively confident in saying that no one can provide you with a definitive answer to this question. IT is unlikely that the ribbon would produce any longer last results than traditional techniques,