Is the Results of BRAVA Breast Enhancement Permanent?

Back in 2004, I heard about revoluntionary breast enhancement called BRAVA that increase breast size without surgery or implants. I never heard about it again. Is the results of BRAVA breast enhancement permanent? Can BRAVA uplift the breasts?

BRAVA breast enlargement, does it work?

The problem with the BRAVA system was that it is cumbersome, you need to wear it for 10-12 hours/day, can't skip days and the breast eventually "shrank back" to its original size. There is a resaurgence in the BRAVA system to help prepare the breast for autologous fat augmentation. By stretching the breast tissue, you create more vascularity, a better tissue matrix that allows placement of fat and increased survival of fat. The BRAVA system is worn for 6-8 weeks prior to the fat graft procedure. I believe this new application of the BRAVA revolutionized breast reconstruction especially in women who also had radiation. The breast reconstructive techniques with muscle flaps from the back, abdomen or buttocks are long operations with significant risks and not always with natural outcomes. Implant reconstruction is not ideal due to the thinness of the tissues and not able to fill the axillary hollow that is left after a mastectomy. With fat grafting, you get a soft, natural looking breast with no incisions and no scars from muscle flap surgery.

BRAVA not likely to address breast sag concerns.

It’s not unusual for women to look for nonsurgical methods for breast enhancement.These fall into several categories including drugs, creams, and exercise.None of these methods have been shown to be effective for increasing breast size.

The BRAVA system is another nonsurgical method for breast enhancement.This technique utilizes a suction apparatus which is applied to the breast over the course of time.Low continuous suction over prolonged periods of time, has been shown to result in mild increases in breast size.The vast majority of patients report an increase in breast size of no more than one-half cup size.This technique doesn’t appear to impact breast sag.

Maintenance is required to preserve this increase in breast size.The technique is labor intensive and in most cases results in minimal increases in breast size.Based on these observations, I feel that for the majority of patients, breast augmentation with implants is still the best alternative.If you’re considering breast enhancement, consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon is the best option.Unfortunately, this technique will have no impact on breast sag and breast lift surgery is usually always necessary to correct this problem.

BRAVA results

I remain a skeptic with regard to the effectiveness of this device.  It will almost certainly increase the blood supply and swelling of the breast, but long term growth is the real question.  Some studies have confirmed growth following religious use of this device for at least 12 hours per day and only following several months of use.  It is now used to pr expand the breast for ft grafting, which is equally as controversial.  Most would like to avoid implants and seek some natural enhancement of breast volume.  Throughout history, pills and various devices have been marketed for this purpose, but, in my opinion, most of this is simply snake oil.  Good luck!

Jason Hess, MD

BRAVA Breast Lift

The threads of my colleagues have detailed the answer pretty well...NO, the BRAVA will not lift your breast enough to make a significant difference, at least one that is considered "rejuvenated". The only current use for the BRAVA system, which is cumbersome and requires serious dedication by the patient, is to prepare the breast for fat grafting augmentation....and even here it's use is controversial and is being studied by a number of plastic surgeons in controlled research trials.

Hope this helps!

Dr. C

John Philip Connors III, MD, FACS

BRAVA Breast Enhancement Permanent

Simple questions so simple answers is NO ! NO ! to both. Be careful out there. Brava is ONLY to "help" prepare the breasts for fat grafting, and evan that is questionable as to need. From MIAMI Dr. Darryl J. Blinski, 305 598 0091

I do not know of the long  term follow-up with the Brava system but it seems to work to add about a cup size for many women. It will not create a breast lift.

Regarding: "Is the Results of BRAVA Breast Enhancement Permanent?
Back in 2004, I heard about revolutionary breast enhancement called BRAVA that increase breast size without surgery or implants. I never heard about it again. Is the results of BRAVA breast enhancement permanent? Can BRAVA uplift the breasts

To see ANY increase in breast volume the woman must use the BRAVA breast suction system for over 12 hours a day for at least 2 months. For the MILD effect to be long-lasting much longer periods are required. Because the size of breast augmentation with the BRAVA was not great even after months of suctioning, the technique never caught on. It IS being used to increase the blood supply in the breasts in preparation for augmentation or reconstruction with fat transfer and to splint the transfer and increase fat survival after wards.

Dr. Peter Aldea

BRAVA and non-surgical breast augmentation

Brava will not uplift the breast. It is essentially a modified lactation pump that acts as an external tissue expander to stretch out the breast to a larger size. It has limited use but has recently gained popularity in the preparation fo the breast for receiving fat grafting.

Breast enlargement without implants

You probably have not heard more about it because its results have not been that great, just like fat injections into the breasts. Breast implants are still the most effective, long lasting way to enlarge the breasts with the highest satisfaction rate. Check out my unbeatable breast implant special. Watch my videos!

Edward J. Domanskis, MD
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon