No Results After Arm Liposuction

i had liposuction on my arms and thighs 1 month back.my ps made four incisions on each of my thigh and till now,i have lost 1.5 inches from them.but my main worry is arms.there is no inch loss from them and ps made only 1 incision near the elbow to remove fat.my right arm was 12 inches and left arm 13 inches before the surgery and it is still the same.i am 22 year old girl.so when can i expect result in my arms??there is no pain,bruises but there is no inch loss too...

Liposuction of arms require more time to see the final results

+4

The good news is that you are only 4 weeks post-op which is early in the recovery process. It takes longer to see the final results from liposuction of the arms than most other areas. This is due to the fact the that there is not a localized fat deposit in the upper arm and that the skin is thinner and does not shrink back as well as other ares of the body. The liposuction has to be done in a way to avoid contour irregularities (dents), over-removal resulting in wrinkling and prevent making the skin loose and hang. For these reasons, less fat can be removed from the arm than other areas. Post-operative compression with a garment is important. I generally stress realistic expectations with this procedure as you are not going to see the dramatic movement in your arm measurements  as in areas such as the thighs or abdomen. I would recommend discussing your concerns with your Plastic Surgeon.

Best Regard, Andrew Lyos MD, FACS

Liposuction of the arms: Results in 3 months not 3 weeks

+2

Liposuction in any area takes approximately 3 months to see results. It is too early to see results as objective as measurements. You likely still have edema and firmness in the tissues and have not been exercising as much as previously considering you had thighs and arms done. Drop the tape measure and start some cardio now. I would recommend returning to see your plastic surgeon at 2 months for early before and after comparison photos if you have returned to normal activity.

Dr. Trussler

Andrew P. Trussler, MD

Liposuction Results?

+1

At four weeks post op,  it is still too early to see the final results of your liposuction surgery.  It will be several more weeks for all of the “swelling” to resolve and several more months (up to a year) for the skin to redrape completely.

I would suggest continued follow-up with your plastic surgeon (and patience). 

No results from arm lipo

+1

I would discuss the surgery with the surgeon as well as the amount of fat removed and the option for revision surgery. Perahps your less than ideal results are due to poor skin tone.

Liposuction final result seen at 4 months.

+1

Hi.

Be optimistic and wait.  It is still early. The results of liposuction of the arms are often more subtle than in the thighs.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Results after liposuction of arms

+1

The final result after liposuction of the arms may not be observed for several months after surgery. During this time, the bruising and swelling gradually resolve, and the skin shrinks back down to the smaller volume created by removal of fat.

Olivia Hutchinson, MD

It takes months to see results after liposuction on the arms

+1

Gravity pulls the swollen arm down more when the arm is outstretched and swelling can last for months after liposuction, so you may not see your great result for a while. Have you been instructed to wear a compression garment? This may help minimize the swelling seen.

Ronald Shelton, MD

Liposuction of arms

+1
mman,
You had your liposuction only one month ago, it may be too early to see the final results.  Also, arms are a bit tricky in that after liposuction you will still be left with loose hanging skin.  Thus the arms may have been de-fatted but because of your excess skin you still have the apparent volume to your arms.  
Best thing right now for you is to talk to your plastic surgeon and ask what to expect and how much more you should expect to see change.
Sincerely,
Martin Jugenburg, MD

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Return to your plastic surgeon if you don't see a result after liposuction

+1

If you're not seeing the result you expected after a liposuction procedure- follow up with your plastic surgeon. My experience with liposuction results is that swelling and bruising can persist for several weeks, and may obscure a good result, which takes months to evolve. Several months from now, you will likely note some improvement to your arms. If its not what you expected, follow up with your plastic surgeon.

Scott C. Sattler, MD, FACS