No Results After 6months of Liposuction, Should I Request a Re-Do?

I did my liposuction on both arms and thighs around 6months ago. I have my measurement done and there's totally no results at all. When I spoke to my doctor, he just seems to be pushing my question away. He say result may not be observeable, but the fact is, there is totally no lost of inches. I spend a big sum on it, what am I supposed to do now? Should I ask for re-do or refund? If so, how should I ask? It seems like he don't intend to re-do it for me. I feel like I'm con by him. Pls help

No results 6 months after liposuction

+1

Certainly at 6 months you would expect to see some changes following liposuction. Ask to see pre and post op photos.  Ask to see a copy of your operative report to see how much fat was removed.  If your weight is the same as it was prior to surgery and you have not gained any weight you should expect to see results by this point. 

If you have maintained the same weight or less and still see no results, I would recommend a second opinion.

+1

If you have the same body weight or less than when you did liposuction and an effective treatment was done, you should be able to see some results.  If you doctor took good before and after photos, you may want to look at them together.  There may also be other concerns such as muscles mass, thickness of the skin etc. that may affect your ultimate results.  A second consultant will not have the advantage of seeing your photos taken before the procedure and may confuse the issue.  Try to work it out with the doctor who did the procedure and let him/her know of your concern about the results.

Mark Taylor, MD
Salt Lake City Dermatologic Surgeon

No results

+1

Hello Shiella,

You need to find out what sort of volume of fat was removed. Surgeons always record this and some, like we do at our practice, photograph it.  Results vary based on how much was removed and whether the patient has gained or lost weight. 

Marc Schneider, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction Results Less Than Expected

+1

The results of liposuction are influenced by many factors, not the least of which is how much fat is removed and what do the areas being treated look like to start with. Liposuction is about changing body contours and the result is not necessarily about losing inches or pounds of weight. Reviewing before and after pictures can be very helpful. I have seen many patients who thought they had minimal changes after plastic surgery only to be quite surprised how much change they really have when looking at their before photographs. There may also be an issue of expectation here where what you thought was achievable may have been different that what was possible.  

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

Liposuction results

+1

Dear Shella,

Without pre and post op pictures it is difficult to discuss your results and/or lack there of.   Liposuction is a body sculpture mechanism and not a weightloss mechanism.  So an aesthetic change should be noted at the 6 month mark.  As always I recommend you speak to your surgeon and ask to compare your pre and post op pictures.  People do forget what they looked like before the surgery.

Thanks

Dr. Hayn

Ernesto Hayn, MD

Results of liposuction

+1

You should discuss the results with your surgeon, WIthout further details I can  not say what the issues are, but I will say that many times patients forget what they looked like before, and review of the pre-op photos is helpful.

Liposuction Results?

+1

You may want to start by looking at your before and after pictures side-by-side. Sometimes  patients forget what they looked like before surgery. You may notice a significant difference even though there is no difference in the measurements.

I would suggest communicating with your surgeon again after you have evaluated your pictures. This communication should be done in a calm and non-accusatory fashion.

After this communication, if you still feel that  there is significant disagreement you may want to seek a second opinion-  and my opinion, well experienced board-certified plastic surgeon.