Is This Result Possible with Rhinoplasty? (photo)

My nose is wider at the bottom and narrower at the top. Ideally I would like to have my nose made more parallel by reducing the bottom's size (or making it narrower?) while also slightly widening the bridge. However, I'm not sure if the latter procedure is possible. Besides these complaints, I like the general shape of my nose as well as my side profile so I wouldn't like any other facets to be compromised by a procedure. Do the results I have in mind seem possible?

Your Rhinoplasty Result

+1

An alarplasty procedure can narrow the base of the nose as your morphed photo shows.  tip refining procedures can enhance the tip to give better definition. Nasal bridge augmentation is possible with several materials of choice, including cartilage or implant.

Atlanta Facial Plastic Surgeon

Narrowing the Nasal Tip while widening the bridge.

+1

I think that it would be possible to attain your goals close to what your photos show. The nasal tip can be slightly narrowed and the nostrils can likely be narrowed as well. Widening of the mid third of the nose can be accomplished by cartilage grafts and the bones could be modestly widened by onlay cartilage grafts. However, it would be necessary for a surgeon to really determine the realistic expectation of results necessary for you to make a decision to proceed. Nevertheless, I believe that you could certainly improve the nasal appearance in the direction you wish to go.  Best of Luck   Dr Harrell 

Jon F. Harrell, DO

Goals of Rhinoplasty

+1

Your tip can be narrowed and defined as you have morphed. The width of the middle vault of your nose can be increased with spreader grafts which will also improve nasal breathing. I think your goals are realistic but expectations will be refined during a consultation.

Rhinoplasty

+1

Based on your concerns, it looks like you need tip refinement and an alar base reduction. I would not try to widen your upper third at all.Good luck.