Can a better result be obtained with correctly placed Botox, or am I one of those people with extreme sensitivity to the serum?

I had Botox injections into the globula and brow by a leading Atlanta Dematologist eighteen months ago and landed up with severely droopy eye lids, I walked around looking out of slitted eyes for four weeks.

Droopy eyes after botox

+2

Droopy eyes can develop from Botox often when placed too low. It does not mean that this would happen every time you have Botox.

Brow and Eyelid Drooping

+2

Botox injections into the wrong muscles, incorrect dose, and wrong patient selection can cause drooping of both the brows and the upper eye lids known as ptosis. Some people have "hooding" of the upper eye lids and keep thier forehead lifted to compensate for the heaviness. Botox injections stops the ability to lift the forehead, making the hooding more noticeable. But, it is most likely that the injections were not placed correctly. I hope you had a follow up appointment two weeks post treatment so your doctor could evaluate your results. Unfortunately, there is not always anything that can be done to correct the problem other than time, as you learned.

Richard Parfitt, MD
Madison Facial Plastic Surgeon

Droopy leads after BOTOX

+2

Assuming that the BOTOX was placed in the right location by your dermatologist, the dilution factor may play a role. If the BOTOX has a high dilution factor-it has a lot of water in it- it will spread farther that the area injected, and may cause undesirable results, like the one you experienced.

Michel Siegel, MD
Houston Facial Plastic Surgeon

Botox Results Are Referred To As "Operator Dependent:" Meaning That Who Injects It Largely Determines The Results

+1

In medical lingo, we say that the results of Botox injections (as well as those from the use of the other neuromodulators currently available: Dysport and Xeomin) are "operator dependent." This is just a fancy way of saying that the person injecting it is very much responsible for the results obtained.

Now, most of the reasons for an unwanted result have been mentioned, including injecting the wrong muscles, injecting too low on the brow (too close to the eyebrows, rather than staying at least an inch above them), injecting too much, not using the proper concentration, overdiluting the material so that it spreads (diffuses) too far over to areas where it should not have gone. I have been injecting Botox for aesthetic reasons for over twenty-two years, and in that time I have yet to meet a patient who is "extremely sensitive to the serum." It is very unlikely that you are not an appropriate candidate. In the hands of an experienced physician injector, future results should be gratifying.

Nelson Lee Novick, MD

+1

Drooping of the eyelids is a potential side effect of Botox, and can occur as a result of poor technique, which may include injecting too much Botox or injecting in the wrong area. Drooping of the eyelids may also sometimes occur even when the injections are performed properly. In general, it is recommended that you seek the advice of a board certified physician when you are looking to have treatment with Botox. A dermatologist, plastic surgeon, or facial plastic surgeon are all great choices. I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck.

Paul S. Nassif, MD

+1

Its very likely that your Botox wasn't placed correctly, your best option is to wait 3-4 months untill your body has dissolved it compleyely. Seek a reputable medical provider to ensure a result you wish to achieve