6 Months Post-Op Brow Lift, Smoothed Forehead Wrinkles, Left Deep Furrows Between Brows, Normal?

I had a brow lift and upper and lower eye lift 6 months ago. the brow lift only smoothed some forehead wrinkles and left a humped area between the brows along with deep furrows, and indentations above the eyebrows. Is this normal. I wanted the entire area to be smoothed. I am disappointed. my surgeon is not willing to acknowledge my unhappiness or redo the procedure. what should i expect from a procedure like this, and what is the best way to obtain this kind of result? why the result i have?

Botox is a Good Option for Furrows Between Brows

+1

That area is very difficult to correct with browlifts.  Botox is best option and most browlifts fail to correct that region.

Unhappy patient after browlift

+1

I think it is difficult to know for sure without careful comparison of before and after photos and of the operative report of the procedure. Certainly, you are free to seek out another opinion but bring these with you to make the visit more worthwhile.

Lawrence Kass, MD
Saint Petersburg Oculoplastic Surgeon

Glabellar Lines 6 Months after Brow Lift

+1

If your surgeon does not address your concerns and explain your appearance, get a second opinion. Pictures would make it easierto answer your questions - submit them here or your can send to my office E-mail.

6 months after Brow Lift I have deep grooves between my eyebrows

+1
 I have performed Brow Lifts for over 20 years and from what you are describing, these deep grooves or indentations between your eyebrows may be caused by the removal of the supercilli muscles during the Brow Lift.  These muscles are responsible for creating the vertical lines between the eyebrows and there are several ways to deal with them in order to soften these lines during a Brow Lift.  
  1. The standard method is to separate the muscles but leave the rest of the muscles in place...this is my preferred method as this does not create a volume defecit (indentation) by removing the muscle mass inside the brow tissues.
  2. Remove the small muscles entirely, which IMHO solves the wrinkle issue but creates indentations or grooves where the muscles were....because of the volume loss.  This might be the answer to where your indentations originated.  There is no permanent method, IMO, to fill in these indentations and as such, it's better to avoid them in the first place.

As always, it's best to ask your Brow lift surgeon this specific question.

Forehead lift revision.

+1
It depends on how the forehead lift was done. If the incisions were only on the sides then the center will be as you described. See an experienced forehead lift surgeon for a second opinion.

Forehead lift, Browlift

+1

In general the brow lift includes smoothing the area between the brows. Hard to tell what is going on without an exam or at least photos and knowing what type of brow lift you had. Sometimes it is possible to take care of the problem by going through the upper eyelid incisions, but you really need to have some more information.

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

+1

If you are unhappy with your procedure and your physician thinks that everything is okay, you might want to get another opinion.

Sam Goldberger, MD
Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon

Forehead lift revision

+1
You need to be seen in person at this time. Your surgeon should be the best one to answer these questions . Ask him/ her who he/she might recommend for a second opinion.

Sheldon S. Kabaker, MD
Oakland Facial Plastic Surgeon