Fat transfer to even out liposuction scars?

The liposuction left the back of my legs and my inner tights with deep scars, I realize that doing more lipo would look worse, can I have a fat transfer to try to even out?

Fat transfer is ideal to smooth liposuction deformities

+1

Fat transfer is ideal to treat irregularities after liposuction.  You need to give the area at least 6 months to heal and allow the scars to mature.  Careful autofat transfer done by an experienced surgeon can offer dramatic improvement. 

Liposuction of the inner thighs

+1

this is an almost identical question posed by: !
LN1962 in Florida

47 minutes ago
By Ronald Shelton, MD - Manhattan Dermatologist

The inner thigh is more susceptible to irregularities before and after liposuction because of its unique anatomy. Fixing defects with fat injections is more accurately referred to as improvement as opposed to repair. It is very difficult to make the irregularities perfect, and in fact, secondary procedures, such as liposuction, can worsen the bad result. The inner thigh is commonly done with liposuction and volume is reduced but the irregularities that occur in this area are typically greater than for most other areas. This has to deal with the way the elastic properties of the tissues are and how gravity affects it after the area undergoes surgery, such as with liposuction. Some patients elect to have maintenance treatment with Endermologie or Velashape non invasive deep tissue massage, and although not perfect or permanent, it does help some people significantly with ongoing maintenance.

Ronald Shelton, MD

Yes, fat transfer can work

+1

Unfortunately, I have fixed these types of dents from liposuction from even board-certified plastic surgeons.  Although I am a facial plastic surgeon working in the face and have extensive experience with facial fat transfer if I see a liposuction defect from a previous surgeon I will try to fix it while I am doing the face.  It oftentimes is not perfect but it is better.  When I am working along with the face for fat transfer, I do not charge more for the body fix if it is not extensive.

best,

sam lam

Samuel Lam, MD
Dallas Facial Plastic Surgeon

Bad liposuction results

+1

Bad liposuction results are common with unexperienced physicians doing liposuction (I have seen eye doctors do liposuction, emergency room doctors do liposuction ) and many others that have no surgical training do liposuction.

The dents and caula marks and areas of over resection of fat stuck to the muscle underneath.

The treatment involves fat transfer ( you need large volume of fat) and may be multiple procedures and surgery to correct the problem. THIS TIME CHOOSE YOUR PHYSICIAN WITH EXPERIENCE AND CERTIFICATION.

BOARD CERTIFIED PLASTIC SURGEON WITH EXPERIENCE IN THESE CORRECTION.

be prepared this can be expensive