Result if I Lessen the DOSE of my Retin A Use for Wrinkles?

I am using retin-a for wrinkles So far, after 4 months of NIGHTLY use, I have had amazing results without issue. My preference is now lower the dose not because of redness or irritation--I just want to know if I NEED to do this daily to maintain the results. Will I LOSE the amazing results if I go down to 2-3 times a week? I know the skin will stop improving but I am fine with the way things are. TO MAINTAIN what I have now, how often do I need to do this? Still every night or can I chill out?

RetinA For Anti-Aging and Improving Wrinkles

+2

Decreasing the frequency of RetinA application to 2 to 3 times a week should still allow you to maintain the results you have achieved.  If you feel that you are no longer getting the same results with decreased usage, you can always go back to using it daily. Make sure to always apply it at night so as to avoid any irritation with the sun. 

Retin A use for wrinkles

+2

It should be fine to reduce your use of Retin-A to 2-3 times per week to maintain your skin. If you note that the effects are decreasing you can increase your use back to a nightly regimen. Best of luck.

Vincent D. Lepore, MD
San Jose Plastic Surgeon

Maintenance Retin-A for wrinkles

+2

There is nothing wrong with a maintenance dose of Retin-A for the long term. I have many patients who use it 2-3 times a week and maintain fantastic results. You don't need to do it daily, and going down to a few times a week will maintain what you have.

F. Victor Rueckl, MD