How Would This Look As an End Result for Rhinoplasty? (photo)

My concerns with my nose arise from the fact that my dorsum is higher than the nasion and the nasal tip (producing a convex appearance/shape towards the centre of the nose). I want them in line with each other, hence making the nose very straight from profile view. I feel that a straighter nose also brings my face into better harmony and proportion. Is this a realistic cosmetic result? If so, how much would a procedure with this amount of reshaping cost? Thank you.

How Would This Look As an End Result for Rhinoplasty?

+2

Dear WTLO,

Thank you for your question and photo.  Although the profile view is just one of many considerations in rhinoplasty, I would agree that this change makes your profile look much better and is an easy thing to do.  However, you need to have a full discussion with your surgeon on how this affects your front view, ridges, aesthetic lines, and tip.

Pablo PRichard, MD

Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty for hump removal

+2

Hump removal on the bridge is accomplished by shaving of both cartilage and bone.  this can be done through closed rhinoplasty techniques. Osteotomies will most likely be required after the hump removal and some tip work maybe also required as well to keep the nose in balance.  Our price list is located on our website for primary rhinoplasty

Web reference: http://www.seattlefacial.com/photogallery/rhinoplasty_photos24.html

+2

You do have a small dorsal convevity that is most likely a combination of bone and cartilage. Rhinoplasty will correct this and should result in a pleasing profile and a nose proportionate to your face.  Cost will vary but will probably be in the range of $6000

Nasal bump removal

+2

Yo definitely have a small dorsal hump that could be taken down and straightened during rhinoplasty.

Candidate for a rhinoplasty

+2

You would seem to be a good candidate for a rhinoplasty and have realistic goals.  The cost will vary from region to region but an estimate would be in the 6K to 7K range. 

Eliminating Nasal Hump

+2

Removing your nasal hump is a reasonable goal and is frequently done with rhinoplasty surgery. It is difficult to estimate the cost because I cannot determine if anything else needs to be done after seeing just one view. However charges range between $6,000-10,000.