What Result Can I Expect After TT/Flank Lipo? (photo)

I have been dreaming about this for a long long time. I weighed over 200 pounds my whole high school years (36 now) in the last three years I have had 2 kids but afterwards been able to get down to the 125-135 mark. I'm 5'3. I do love to run and of course this extra flap and blubber makes my running a little more difficult. I have a consultation coming up and find that i'm dreaming for the first time to be able to wear a bikini, do you think that after my TT/flank lipo this will be the case?

The quality of the art depends on the artist

+2

Hi there-

It sounds and looks from the photo you posted that you are an excellent candidate for an abdominoplasty (Tummy Tuck), and provided you chose an excellent surgeon, should be able to look forward to a great outcome.

It is important to realize that while most plastic surgeons should be capable of completing a tummy tuck, our outcomes and the consistency of those outcomes are going to vary. 

If your goal is to look your absolute best, the key will be to find the best, most talented surgeon you can (look at lots of photos!). 

What Result Can I Expect After TT/Flank Lipo?

+2

I'm sure your in person consultation will explain the realistic expectations you should expect in this surgery. Best of luck. 

Bikini after tummy tuck

+2

Certainly the tummy tuck will improve your abdominal tone and contour and remove the skin excess. If the bikini is your goal, let your surgeon see what your plan to wear so the scar can be placed accordingly for best concealment.

Tummy Tuck Results and Bikini

+2

Looking at your pictures, you seem like a great candidate for a tummy tuck and liposuction. I would make sure that you are at a comfortable weight and that you do not plan on having any more children. Most plastic surgeons will make your incision low enough to be able to wear a bikini but it will take an examination with your plastic surgeon to confirm this. Even after examination, your plastic surgeon may not be able to guarantee a low scar as we don't know for sure your results from surgery. I think that as long as your expectations are realistic and you communicate your desires to your plastic surgeon, you will be happy with your results.

Leo Lapuerta, MD

Tummy Tuck

+2

Yes, you are a very common scenario for patients seeking a Tummy Tuck.  May I make a couple suggestions? First, make sure your weight loss has stabilized before surgery. This means that your weight has been approximately the same for the past 3 to 6 months. Next, abdominoplasty’s or tummy tucks are not little procedures. Consider setting some time aside for the procedure and your recovery. Many plastic surgeons combine liposuction with the abdominoplasty with a procedure called a Lipo-Abdominoplasty. The results are often much more appealing than a standard tummy tuck. However, critical pathways of care are often required to decrease adverse events and unfavorable outcomes. These patients are monitored overnight following such a procedure.
 You should do very well with your tummy tuck. Best,

Gary R Culbertson, MD, FACS

Gary R. Culbertson, MD
Columbia Plastic Surgeon