Can I Do Something Now, to Be Better Result After Explant Surgery?

3 month ago I have had a breast augmentation (300cc high profil cohesive gel) I am unhappy with the result mentally as well as aesthetically (ripping, bottoming out). My PS said I need a correction but what I really want is them to be taken out, but I am scared of the aesthetic outcome I still can not sleep on my stomach and often feel pain. I don't like them. Can I do something now, to be better result after explant surgery? What can I expect? I have litte breast tissue, I was not pregnant yet.

Implant Explantation

+1

Occasionally, I see patients who just want the implants removed because they don't want the implants "to be a part of them" anymore.  Make sure you think about this and that this is the right thing for you. No one will know exactly what your breasts will look like after the implants are removed until it is done -- but if you have decided to remove them, then doing it sooner rather than later is best.  Talk to your surgeon and get good advice.

Removing breast implants

+1

As long as you're following a healthy diet, exercising, and not smoking, you're optimizing your breasts for a good outcome after implant removal.  Until then, you may want to massage the breasts to keep the skin soft.

Jeffrey E. Schreiber, MD

Removing Breast Implants

+1

The less time the implants have to stretch the tissue the better you are off.  However, I am not sure what is going on with your breasts to begin with as you have not posted any photos, but in general the shorter the implants are in the body, the less time they have to stretch the tissues.  Some skin does really well after removal of implants and retract very well, so it does have to do with what you started with and your genetics as well.

Good luck.

Farbod Esmailian, MD

Explantation of breast implant

+1

The earlier you do the explant, the lesser the chance of breast deformities and skin stretch.

All breast implant explantation carry a certain amount of risk