Restyline/implant/juvederm After Lip Reduction? (photo)

I had my lip reduction 6monts ago, Due to a horrible silikon injection 10 years ago:-(.(please see picures B&A). My doctor was very agressive left my lips really thin. what filler could save my smile?would lip implant be better? my lips are completetely heal.. thank you so much for your time.

Restylane after lip reduction

+1

You had a very nice result from your surgeon.  I would suggest you return to him and ask his advice since he is familiar with your lips.  A temporary solution would be a filler such as Restylane or Juvederm.  He can discuss the pros and cons of a temporary filler versus a permanent implant.

Toronto Dermatologist

Reversible injection options

+1

I'm sorry you had to go through all that with silicone.  I would recommend a subtle correction with a reversible filler containing hyaluronic acid such as Juvederm or Restylane and performed by an experienced injector in dermatology or plastic surgery.  If you don't love the way it looks, there is an injection you can easily get that reverses the filler very quickly (hyaluronidase).  I would not recommend an implant. 

Seattle Dermatologist

Lip augmentation after lip reduction

+1

Thanks for the pictures, they are quite helpful.  You have a very nice result from your lip reduction, but some subtle augmentation might be nice.  I would discuss with your surgeon, but I would favor some injectable treatments (Juvederm or Restylane) as a starting point.  You can use these injections to find the degree of augmentation you are seeking.  These injections can be repeated, or your could consider an implant later as well.  Your surgeon will be able to discuss the risks and benefits of the implant in detail with you.  Best wishes. 

Montgomery Facial Plastic Surgeon

Restyline/implant/juvederm After Lip Reduction?

+1

Thanks for the posted photos. Because of your previous poor result from other injectables I would recommend a VERY slow process of Restylane injections to increase the lip dimensions. Yes very slow. 

Can my lips be improved? (photos)

+1

Of course, evaluation in person is the best way to assess your situation and develop a meaningful treatment plan, but from the photos, I would consider lip lift and other shaping procedures, along with volumizing. The surgeon who did your reduction actually did a great job!  Your lips appear quite natural compared to before photo with silicone (although lips apposed in after, but not before photo).  Consider returning to that surgeon.  He/she knows you best, is skilled, and may give you best deal.  These revisions often require more than a single procedure.

Web reference: http://www.feelbeautiful.com

Lip Augmentation

+1

Sorry to hear about your poor outcome for your lips.   First, make sure you go to someone experienced with lips and all aspects of Facial Plastic Surgery.  I would suggest juvaderm or Restylane as your initial choice.  This is simply because you can get a better idea as to where you want to be without doing something permanent.  For long term solution, fat (in the right hands using biologic modifiers) is an excellent choice as well as implants.

Good luck!

Web reference: http://www.facialinstitute.com

Lip Implants are tailored to what you want to accomplish.

+1

Lip implants are permanent and easy to put in and easy to remove if you ever wish so. Cost is $1500-2000 per implant and takes about 20 minutes under local anesthesia. Restylane/Juvederm Fillers are nice but last about 6 months for $550/syringe. Fat injections last 6 months to 1-2 yrs but often is lumpy and cost $1500-2500/session. Sincerely,

David Hansen,MD

Web reference: http://www.drdavidhansen.com/lip-enhancement/index.php

Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Lip Augmentation

+1

I'm sorry to hear about your experience.  In your situation, you may want to strongly consider a lip implant to achieve the results you seek.  Implants are a more permanent solution, and can be reversed at a later time if you so desire.

Fillers are a more temporary solution and need to be performed every 6-9 months or so.  Both options are popular in my practice and give a very natural appearing result.

Please consult with a board certified specialist who can better assist you in achieving the results you desire.

Web reference: http://www.kimberlyleemd.com/about-us

Lip Enhancement and augmentation

+1

Dear Mirifavaru,

I like using Juvederm or Restylane for fuller lips.  It is made of the same molecules that are naturally found in the skin so it gives a natural looking result.  The downside is that the filler usually lasts about 6 months, give or take, depending on the patient.  You may find that with repeated fillers, some of the volume remains so over time they look a little more full.  I do not perform lip implantation surgery, but fat grafting can give more volume with relatively permanent results when done correctly.

Nima Shemirani