Will Restylene or Juvederm on my Nose Bridge Make a Rhinoplasty More Complicated?

I have had an open rhino for all parts of the nose. I plan on having another one in the future for all parts again. I am extremely concerned about judgement from my family/friends finding out(this happened after my initial rhino). I want to "prep" them by getting filler in the bridge area at the very least to make the transition and change less obvious. My concern is if filler will count as another "revision", complicating my rhino with scar tissue, damage, etc since i know more rhinos=harder.

Nose Filler Makes Rhinoplasty Unpredicable

+1
The presence of temporary filler, such as Restylane or Juvederm, camouflages those aspects of the nose that need to be addressed during rhinoplasty. 

In order to develop a sound surgical plan the surgeon should be able to see, at consultation, those aspects of the nose with which you are unhappy. Also, several days prior to surgery the nose should be injected with hyaluronidase to dissolve any filler that may be present.

Good luck,

Dr. Kaniff

Sacramento Facial Plastic Surgeon

Nasal Filler prior to Revision Rhinoplasty

+1

Thank you for sharing. I am sorry you are faced with a revision rhinoplasty, but in qualified hands, it is very likely it will be your last. Do your homework and find an expert with experience in revision rhinoplasty. As for the use of Restylane or Juvaderm, they can be used safely by an experienced injector. Vascular compromise is always a concern especially as injections are near the tip. A waiting period (approximately 6 months) is important prior to any revision surgery to allow the filler to resorb. A bigger decision is whether to be up front with your family about your surgery.  In my experience, it is usually a better solution to lay it all out right off the bat, but you know your friends/family the best.  I hope this helps. Take care

Robert Brobst, MD
Dallas Facial Plastic Surgeon

Filler injected into nose bridge prior to revision rhinoplasty not recommended

+1

There are multiple complications, such as necrosis that can occur from these injectables and a scarred nose.  It is best to have a revision rhinoplasty by a surgeon who specializes in complicated rhinoplasty. If you are contemplating an additional revision rhinoplasty, do not undergo any further injections into the nose.

Filler and rhinoplasty surgery

+1

It is acceptable to get filler along the bridge of your nose with restylane or juvederm but I would recommend you wait for it to resolve before proceeding with a rhinoplasty or have it removed with hyaluronidase prior to your rhinoplasty to make the procedure easier and more accurate. Good luck.

Scott Trimas, MD
Jacksonville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Restylane or Juvederm is fine

+1

Restylane or Juvederm are both fine fillers to use and should not cause any problems for future Revision Rhinoplasty work that has to be done. These fillers typically last for three to five months so make sure that your surgeon knows you have the fillers and that you wait for these to dissipate prior to the revision work. These fillers are not the same as having Revision Rhinoplasty and should not have the same effects with scar tissue or cause any damage when done by an experienced injector. Make sure you go to an expert in Rhinoplasty surgery you do not want to be going back for a third time. Best regards!

Michael Elam, MD

Restylane

+1

Restylane can be a great way to enhance the nose minimally. If you do decided to do Restylane I would wait 3-5 months afterwards to do the Rhino, this way all or most of the product will have absorbed. There is little to no scarring from Restylane if done by an experienced injector.

Philip Young, MD
Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon

+1

No, IMHO these temporary fillers won't have any long term affect on your ability to have a Revision Rhinoplasty either open or closed.  Be sure the Rhinoplasty Surgeoon using the filler and performing the Revision Rhinoplasty understands and follows the proper aesthetics of facial (and nasal) beauty for the creation of a naturally, more attrcactive nose.

Rhinoplasty after Fillers

+1

As long as the fillers are placed in the bridge at the right depth by an experienced injector there is minimal risk. What bothers me about you is that you're doing this to satisfy your  family and friends; I would love to see you select the best and easiest approach to achieve the results you want - this is for you.