Normal To Swell Same Day As Restylane Inejection?

I am a 42 year old female who had Restylane injected into my nasolabial folds just today. Everything was fine until 2 hours ago that I see the area below my mouse swelling. I had the procedure done at noon, it is now 11 pm. In addition to the nasolabial area, I also had restylane on marionete lines ( i think it is how is calle it)My question is this is normal? thank you

Injection swelling

+1

The observations you noted are all "normal" for this procedure; as others have noted; your best course of action is to elevate your head (especially at night) and apply ice at frequent intervals: "baggies" with crushed ice work well.  The amount of swelling and duration vary; but should improve after several days to 1-2 weeks.

Swelling after filler injections

+1

Everything you are experiencing is normal and will get better with time.

Restylane and swelling

+1

Yes, this is completely normal after getting an injections done.  Immediately after your procedure you should try your best to ice the areas of injection for 15min every hour.  Icing is best the first 2-3 days. You can use ice but do not directly apply the ice to the skin.  There should always be something in between the ice and your skin so you don’t freeze or damage your skin.  Plastic zip lock bags are great for this purpose. Frozen peas and cucumbers in a zip lock bag are a common recommendation. For the first 48 hours it may be prudent to avoid hot showers (use luke warm water), hot and spicy liquids, foods.Good Luck!

Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon

Restylane - Swelling

+1

Yes, it's normal to swell in the first 24-48 hours after injection of fillers.  This is seen with hyaluronic acid from either of the companies (Restylane and Perlane from Medicis; Juvederm Ultra and Ultra Plus from Allergan).  Maximum swelling is at about 24 hours, after which it typically diminishes on its own.

I hope that this helps, and good luck,

Dr. E

Web reference: http://www.bodysculpture.com

Restylane Injections and Swelling.

+1

Yes, swelling is normal after getting injected with Restylane.  Swelling can last up to 1 week.  It is important to ice the areas that were treated for the first 24 to 48 hours.

Dr. Grant Stevens        

Web reference: http://marinaplasticsurgery.com/

Swelling after Restylane

+1

Swelling, bruising and tenderness at the injection site are all normal after Restylane injections.  This will typically go down in a few days, but you can also ice the treated area. 

Web reference: http://www.celibre.com/restylane-injections.aspx

Swelling is normal on the day of Restylane or Juvederm injection: don't worry.

+1

Restylane, Juvederm, and the other hyaluronic acid (HA) fillers absorb some of the water that is in the body's tissue and all of them do swell after injection. Some of this swelling appears immediately, but most of this is due to the physical trauma of the injections. Once a few hours have gone by, and later that evening, there may be increasing swelling due to the gradual absorption of tissue water. This swelling may last days to a couple of weeks, and can sometimes confuse you about what your final results really are. For patients that think their 2-day results are perfect, the final result can seem underwhelming, since the final swelling goes away after a while. For patients that feel they are TOO filled at first, the resolution of swelling can be a relief. Understanding what's going on with the swelling can definitely help to plan toward final desired results.

Web reference: http://www.ArtofDermatology.com