Bumps Insider Lip After Restylane

Its been 6 weeks since I had half a cc in my top lip and when I touch the inside of my lip there are bumps. Is that the Restylane? If not how do I make sure these bumps will go away and wont be permanent? I'm making myself sick over this. Also when this goes away will my lips look saggy or normal again? thanks so much!!!!

Bumps after restylane

+1

The bumps may be small pockets of restylane that if yoiu noticed early could have been massaged to flatten. You can leave it alone and they will eventually go away or have hyaluronidase injected to melt it.

Restylane bumps can be treated.

+1

Hi.

If you can feel the bumps, but not see them, I would advise leaving them alone.  They will go away in a few months.  If not, they can be dissolved.  And they can be prevented if you have future injections.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Bumps in lip after Restylane

+1

Don't panic yourself. The bumps could very well be the Restylane and then will go away, although it could take a year or so. They can be flattened by injections of hyaluronidase. Sometimes people can develop distended salivary glands in the lip or mucoceles which can be unrelated to having had a filler. These are often temporary. If they are becoming visibly noticable or enlarging or painful then see your doctor.

Ronald Shelton, MD

Worrisome Lip Augmentation with Restylane

+1
It is impossible to answer you without examining you. The best person to answer your question is the doctor (hopefully) who injected you. But - if you were injected with genuine Restylane (and not a forgery or gray market product so commonly used in some offices and salons), the results WILL go away with time OR they can be dissolved with Hyaluronidase. You may want to see a second opinion from an experienced Plastic surgeon or Dermatologist in your area.