What Happens when Restylane Wears Off?

If you get Restylane injections and lets say you don't like the results or you just don't want to keep up with it. Is that a problem?

Everywhere I see, they say every six months you need to do it again etc. I would just assume that after 6 months the fullness with go away. I don't want to get myself into something where my lips will look deformed after the Restylane wears off. Thanks for your advice.

Restylane Lip Augmentation

+2

You do not have to keep gettng them injected if you dont like the result or for what ever the reason.  Once the restylane has gone away, your lips will go back to normal size and there are no issues.

Restylane wearing off

+1

There is the adage; the bad news is that it does not last forever, and good news is that it does not last forever.  The Restylane gets broken down and the soft tissue usually goes back to its old form.  

Web reference: http://www.jjrothmd.com/face-and-skin/injectables

Restylane wears off completely in 6 to 12 months, MOSTLY.

+1

Dear firepower,

As everyone says on this page, for the most part Restylane and Juvederm wear off in 6 months to 12 months (be ready for 12), and on rare occasion (sometimes under the eyes), up to 2 years. That said, there has been recent research suggesting that injection of fillers can signal new collagen building in the injected locations, so there is a possibility of a longer term effect lingering, though probably not noticeable to the naked eye, if injections are only performed one time and then allowed to wear off.

Good luck!

Web reference: http://www.JessicaKrantMD.com

There are no problems when it wears off, luckily

+1

Restylane is probably one of the easiest and most patient friendly procedures I do. When it wears off, that is no problem and it will just go away gradually.

One thing to remember is that it is like an ice cube in your body. It dissolves slowly and much like an ice cube dissolves in water. So it doesn't go from there to not there in one moment, but over months and months.

The lips, by the way, are one of the most challenging areas to do with this product, so make sure you go to someone who is an expert for it or you could have a problem on your hands for six months or more! Good luck!

Omaha Dermatologist

When Restylane wears off

+1

Hi!

When Restylane wears off, you just go back to your old look, over a period of months.  You are not committed in any way to keep doing it.

If you do like the result, you can have it done again between 6 months and a year, depending on the location.

It is time to get more Restylane

+1

Dear Firepower

First I would say that the time frame for a Restylane treatment is more like 12 months or more. Treatment results tend to gradually diminish over time. So it is not likely that one day you will wake up and find the effect has gone.

Some treatment areas are a little more demanding that others. In particular having artful treatment under the eyes or at the lip edge is very important. How these services get done are very important to the aesthetic result. It pay to find a skillful injector. Liquidfacelift.com has a directory of highly qualified injector physicians and surgeons.

Finally, the beauty of Restylane is that at anytime, the material can be adjusted using an enzyme call hyaluronidase. This ability to adjust or alter a treatment after the fact makes this one of the most flexible means of volumizing the face.

After Restylane Wears Off

+1

Your lips will get back to their original size and form. There will be no permanent damage or scarring.

You might feel that lips have become smaller than original size. This happens usually when you get used to the new fuller lips and finally when Restylane wears off, you think your lips are smaller than original.

Regards

Web reference: http://www.janjuafacialsurgery.com

Bedminster Facial Plastic Surgeon

Restylane dose not cause changes that are permanent

+1

Restylane is a temporary filler. The length of time it lasts is related to:

1. Where on your face it is injected (the less the area moves, the longer it lasts
  2. Your genetics

Restylane usually lasts at least six months, but there are certainly patients who have good results for longer than a year.

The good news is that there are no permanent negative effects of Restylane. If you decide that you do not wish to repeat a treatment there is no problem. Your lips (or whatever area was treated) will be back to normal.

It should be mentioned that there is some evidence that Restylane helps your skin build back some of the natural collagen that has been lost over time. So the skin may be healthier and look better even when the treatment has worn off.

Hope this is helpful.

Philadelphia Oculoplastic Surgeon