Will Restylane Vital-Light Be Effective in Fixing Indentation on Nose?

Hello. I am having Restylane Vital-Light for a slight indentation on my nose. The indentation was as a result of having Diolite laser treatment on a small red vein on my nose. I have been told by the clinic I am using it will work well. Can you let me have you opinion.

Kind regards.

This is not legal in the US

+2

This thinner product form of Restylane is designed for fine lines, so it might be perfect, but since it is not FDA approved in the US, I'd avoid it. Prevelle Silk, or regular Restylane injected with a 32 gauge needle are legal and will help. Laser resurfacing would also help this problem, as likely would tincture of time as well.

New Orleans Dermatologist

Restylane Vital-Light

+2

I have no experience with this product, but if there is an indentation where a vein was ablated with laser, the issue that is important is if the skin is thin from years of having the vein push upwards against the skin making it thin. If it is thinned out, the skin may show any hyaluronic acid product, such as Restylane, as a bluish color. You might be happy with the contour but you may need to remove it because of the color.

Ronald Shelton, MD

Restylane Vital-Light for Repair of Indentation on the Nose

+2

Hi Lilly,

To my knowledge, Restylane Vital Light is not yet available in the United States, but available in Europe. Restylane has been used to fill small defects in the nose. Restylane Vital Light may help with your defect. As with all products, it is the physician who treats you that is most important.

Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Michael A. Persky, MD

Restylane Vital-Light for nose indentation will most likely be effective

+1

One must be careful when having veins treated. Our technology is effective at closing the veins. However, veins take up volume in the tissue and when they are closed, the vein collapses leaving a void where the vein had been. A small volume of Restylane generally is very helpful for these types of issues.