Restylane Touch Ups After Lip Augmentation?

Just days ago I had a partial syringe of Restylane injected in to my upper lip, mostly to correct an asymmetry. The healing process went beautifully and by day 2 there was almost no swelling. It is day 4 and I can barely notice a difference. Is it possible to have the injector add more during my two week check up? Is this something that is normally charged again?

Restylane and touch up's

+2

It's ok to have touch up's to any Restylane treatment and waiting the 2 weeks is a good plan, to allow time for swelling to subside and see the results.

Restylane touch ups after lip augmentation

+2

It is ok to have a touch up after 2 weeks has passed, as most of the swelling from your initial treatment will be resolved. I would not recommend having a touch up any sooner than this. I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck. 

Paul S. Nassif, MD

Restylane for lip

+2

Lip injection with restylane can give nice results.If you feel that you need more, then give it about two weeks before having more done so that you can appreciate the appearance after swelling has gone down.

Restylane and Lip augmentation

+1

I would wait at least 2 weeks for any touch up to lips due to swelling. Some places do charge a injection fee and call your injector to see if they do.

Restylane Touch Up

+1

It is possible to have the injector add more when you follow up in 2 weeks.  A partial syringe being .5CC's you most likely will need another .5CC's to get the results you are looking for. It is always best to start with a conservative amount and add additional in a follow up visit.  Talk with your injector regarding charging you again.  If you were charged for 1CC and they only used half the first visit then you shouldn't be charged again.

Syed Amiry, DO
Virginia Dermatologic Surgeon

+1

Restylane can be reinjected.  You should wait at least 2 weeks before another injection.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Restylane touch-up

+1

Yes, it is possible for you to have more Restylane injected.  If your injector charged you for a full syringe but only used part of it, he will probably not charge you for the touch-up.

Martie Gidon, MD, FRCPC
Toronto Dermatologist

Touch-up question

+1

Since you only used a partial syringe, you should still have some product available for any touch-up that you might need.  This is not uncommon as swelling from the trauma of a needle stick to the lips goes down.

Edwin C. Pound, III, MD

Restylane for lips

+1

Absolutely. That is the great thing about injectable fillers. At your follow up, additional product such as Restylane or Juvederm can be injected to increase the volume or to help achieve better symmetry.

Jamil Asaria, MD
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

Restylane touch-ups

+1

I'm unsure why you had a "partial syringe". Did you in fact have only a portion of it injected, paid for the entire syringe, and your injector intended for you to come back for the remainder? If that is what you mean, and you've already paid for the syringe, I would think there's not a charge for getting the remainder that you already paid for. If, however, and I pray this isn't true, your injector splits up syringes and uses partials syringes on people, that is extremely dangerous. There are times when I inject a portion of a syringe and have the patient return in 2-3 weeks for the remainder of it, but it is extremely important to know how your injector keeps track of these syringes, how they are labeled and stored, etc. My patients pay for the entire syringe at the first session and then come back for a remainder that may be left. I would say I do this less than 5% of time, though, as usually it's best to just have a patient get the full amount of the syringe at one time.

F. Victor Rueckl, MD