Restylane Touch-up After Juvederm 2 in the Tear Trough Area, Contraindication?

Dear professionals, On july 2011, I am injected twice juvederm 2 in the tear trough to fill my hollows. I would like to know if it's possible to have a touch-up with restylane lidocain now as my new dermatologist doesn't use juvederm at all. I am afraid that products are incompatible so I would appreciate your point of view about that. Thank you very much in advance for your time and consideration to my request. Best regards & respects from Penthea.

Restylane and Juvederm together

Both dermal fillers can be used in the same area, and there is absolutely no idication or reason why they couldn't. You can have the same potential bruising and/or swelling with both products, and it won't hurt you or the results, to layer them either.

Restylane Following Juvederm

Both Juvederm and Restylane are hyaluronic acids and therefore are very compatible. In fact I prefer Restylane in the tear troughs because there is less risk of excessive post injection swelling.

Restylane - After Juvederm

I don't see a problem with this.  Both are HA fillers (Hylauronic acid) and are generally believed to be compatible with each other.  Further, both are reversible with hyaluronidase.  Whether or not it is a good idea to any any filler is one question (and something you'll have to discuss with your doctor).  As far as using one after the other - it should be fine.

I hope that this helps, and good luck,

Dr. E

Using Restylane and Juvederm together

Restylane and Juvederm are both HA fillers and have no contraindications when used together, or on top of one another. You will be perfectly fine to use them. Additionally, I agree with your new injector and the others on this site - Restylane is a much better filler around the eyes.

Add restylane to juvederm

There is no contraindication to this and I agree with your doctor. I use both but would not use juvederm around the eye. In my hands looking gray/blue through the skin.only happens with juvederm.

Jo Herzog, MD
Birmingham Dermatologist

I am personally no fan of juvederm for the lower eyelid.

However I can say that these two products are absolutely compatible.  It just no problem to have Restylane injected in an area that was previously injected with Juvederm.  I think that Restylane is an excellent product for the tear trough area.