Restylane Touch-up After Juvederm 2 in the Tear Trough Area, Contraindication?

Dear professionals, On july 2011, I am injected twice juvederm 2 in the tear trough to fill my hollows. I would like to know if it's possible to have a touch-up with restylane lidocain now as my new dermatologist doesn't use juvederm at all. I am afraid that products are incompatible so I would appreciate your point of view about that. Thank you very much in advance for your time and consideration to my request. Best regards & respects from Penthea.

Restylane and Juvederm together

+1

Both dermal fillers can be used in the same area, and there is absolutely no idication or reason why they couldn't. You can have the same potential bruising and/or swelling with both products, and it won't hurt you or the results, to layer them either.

Restylane Following Juvederm

+1

Both Juvederm and Restylane are hyaluronic acids and therefore are very compatible. In fact I prefer Restylane in the tear troughs because there is less risk of excessive post injection swelling.

Restylane - After Juvederm

+1

I don't see a problem with this.  Both are HA fillers (Hylauronic acid) and are generally believed to be compatible with each other.  Further, both are reversible with hyaluronidase.  Whether or not it is a good idea to any any filler is one question (and something you'll have to discuss with your doctor).  As far as using one after the other - it should be fine.

I hope that this helps, and good luck,

Dr. E

Web reference: http://www.bodysculpture.com

Using Restylane and Juvederm together

+1

Restylane and Juvederm are both HA fillers and have no contraindications when used together, or on top of one another. You will be perfectly fine to use them. Additionally, I agree with your new injector and the others on this site - Restylane is a much better filler around the eyes.

Add restylane to juvederm

+1

There is no contraindication to this and I agree with your doctor. I use both but would not use juvederm around the eye. In my hands looking gray/blue through the skin.only happens with juvederm.

Birmingham Dermatologist

I am personally no fan of juvederm for the lower eyelid.

+1

However I can say that these two products are absolutely compatible.  It just no problem to have Restylane injected in an area that was previously injected with Juvederm.  I think that Restylane is an excellent product for the tear trough area.