Restylane in Tear Troughs After Fat Injection Around Eyelids

I would like to try Restylane in my tear troughs. I had fat injections in my sub-brow, nose bridge, nasolabial/marionette area 10 days ago. My doctor advised Restylane for the tear troughs. Would it be safe to have Restylane in the tear troughs as soon as next week? Will it cause a lot of bruising?

Restylane is the best choice for tear troughs

+1

You should be able to treat the tear troughs at anytime.  It frequently causes bruising in this area however, perhaps 80% of the time.  Restylane seems to be less likely to cause a bluish hue then Juvederm so I prefer it in this area.  Make sure you go to a very experienced injector who has done a lot of patients in this area, it is not for the novice injector.

Laguna Niguel Dermatologic Surgeon

Restylane Injections in the Tear Trough Hollow After Fat Transfer Elsewhere

+1

Hi,

Restylane in the tear trough hollows is very good choice.  Bruising may occur, the chances are greater if you are any of the following: the injectors receptionist, wife, mother-in-law, an attorney or attorney's wife, or a fellow referring physician.  You can have the injections whenever convenient.

Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Michael A. Persky, MD

Restylane in tear troughs

+1

Restylane is a great product to be used to fill the tear troughs however it has to be used cautiously.  It can lead to bumps and irregularities if not used expertly.

Restylane in tear troughs after fat injection around eyelids

+1

Very hard to predict the future outcome of your request. Discuss in detail with your injector of choice. I feel you should wait at least 3 weeks before having any further injections but that is just me being very careful.

From MIAMI Dr. B

Restylane for tear troughs

+1
It shouldn't be too soon to have Restylane injected in your tear troughs after your fat injectuons which were done in different areas. There is always a chance of bruising but it isn't that common when it's injected underneath the muscle.if you have an important social function don't schedule the fille appointment 1 or 2 days before, just in case you do get a bad bruise.

Ronald Shelton, MD

Fat is an ideal filler for tear troughs

+1

I have to admit to being a bit confused by your question, since I consider fat to be an ideal filler for tear troughs. It would appear that not everyone agrees, or you would have had it done with your earlier procedure. Restylane is not a bad option, but can appear bluish under the thin eyelid skin (Tyndall effect). Also, it is temporary although it does last quite a long time there. In terms of timing, you just need to make sure that all swelling and bruising are gone from your fat grafting.

Example of fat grafts to tear trough: http://www.baxterplasticsurgery.com/injectables.htm

Richard Baxter, MD

Pepsi or Coke: Beware the Tyndall Effect

+1

From the fillers injected close to the eyes. Hyaluronic acids are the way to go. The choice between Restylane or Juvederm is like Pepsi and Coke. I recommend the latter given that the chance for the Tyndall effect, or blue caused by superficial placement of the material is much less with Juvederm. The filler will be injected underneath the muscle on tope of the bone and can last a very long time when and if placed correctly.

Hassan Galadari, MD
Dubai Dermatologist