Swollen Lips After Restylane

I had Restylane injections 4 days ago to my lip. The bow of my lip is really fat and the corners of my lip looked turned up. I'm really panicked about it. I'm not sure if it's swelling or the final result. I had 1 mg. injected, is that alot of product? I have very small lips and wanted a subtle result.

Should I wait for a few more days for the swelling to subside or shall I contact my plastic surgeon to have the filler dissolved?

REstylane and Bruising - Bruisestick ointment

+1

Our office recommends Bruisestick ointment after injections to the lips to reduce swelling and bruising. 

Web reference: https://www.kareskin.com/product-detail/11/bruisestick-arnica-ointment.aspx

Swollen lips after Restylane, Jeuvederm and Fat injections

+1

Swelling and bruising to a varying degree is expected. If done by a professional you should do fine.  Here are some tips to make it go away faster -
Minimizing Lip Swelling after Lip Augmentation - sounds like you are doing much of the below recommendations
Continued head elevation - sleep in recliner chair for up to the first week
Icing - not directly on skin, 20 min on then 20 min off if comfortable for the first 3 days
Low Salt diet
No heavy lifting, bending over or intense exercise                                                             Bromelain and/or Arnica                                                                                             Camouflage make up/ lipstick

Swelling after Restylane to Lips

+1
The lips are a highly vascular area and are more likely to swell and to remain swollen longer after any procedure. I recommend use of ice for 72 hours after the procedure. You are in the initial post-procedure period and should give it more time before evaluating the result. Use of filler to enlarge the size of the lips changes the appearance of the face which is, basically, what you desired in undergoing the procedure. However, it's not uncommon for patients to need some time to adapt to this alteration and assess their satisfaction.

Reduce swelling by sleeping with your head elevated the night after filler treatment of the lips

+1

A number of years ago I started to advise my patients to make a point of sleeping with their head elevated on several pillows the night after treatment with fillers, and since then complaints about swelling the next morning dropped greatly.

I switched from Restylane® to Juvéderm about 5 years ago, and noted a further reduction [almost to zero] in the rate of complaints about swelling the morning after lip enhancement. My main reason for switching to Juvéderm was that the duration of cosmetic benefit was longer than with Resylane®, but reduced swelling after treatment was a fringe benefit of Juvéderm.

I am a consultant and clinical instructor, and have done clinical trials for Allergan; and I have been a consultant for Merz.

Niagara Falls Dermatologic Surgeon

Still Swollen After Restylane to the Mouth

+1

It is not too unusual to still have residual swelling after Restylane to the mouth area.  However, by day four, one would tend to see improvement.  Also, post-treatment swelling tends to respond well to intermitten icing early on.  If you are not seeing progressive improvement by now, you should be in contact with your practitioner to discuss your concerns.  Your practitioner should be able to determine if intervention is needed.  If it becomes apparent that what you are seeing is product, Restylane can be dissolved with hyaluronic acid.  Unfortunately, any benefits you may have received will be effected by the hyaluronidase.  Knowing that this is an option may offer you encouragement rather than having to wait 4 to 6 months for the product to naturally and slowly degrade.

In any event, discuss your concerns with the one that performed the procedure.  See the below link for information on the use of hyaluronidase.

Web reference: http://www.celibre.com/Celibreblog/?tag=/restylane+reversal

Restylane and swelling

+1

Swelling after Restylane injection to the lips can last for several days, up to a week. This of course depends how much as injected also. Usually, one syringe(1cc) can be easily divided to .5cc to the upper and .5cc to the lower lip without resulting in too drastic of a change. Since it's only been 4 days, I would not be too concerned at this point. Although there is an agent to inject to help dissolve the product, it's best to be patient and allow for the product to dissolve naturally.

Give Restylane lip injections some more time

+1

Hopefully, you have a little bit of swelling from the injection itself, in addition the Restylane tends to absorb water in the short term making it swell slightly more. Hopefully with time, maybe some gentle massage your result will be what you wish for.

I generally am conservative with how much I inject, and so I rarely inject an entire syringe for the lips, usually 0.4- 0.6cc. You can always go back and put more. Fortunately you can remove Restylane with hyaluronidase if necessary. Best of luck to you.