Is Restylane from Sweden Safe to Use?

I have been using Restylane. I am considering a purchase on line of the product made in Sweden. Does it have the same properties? Is it safe to use? Thanks.

Overseas medications

+1

I believe it is illegal for a US doctor to purchase medications from overseas. We can only inject products that we buy from the US manufacturer.

Restylane from overseas

+1

Hi Bluearmy. There are several issues with purchasing drugs like Restylane online.

1. It's illegal to import drugs without authorization. While it's unlikely that you would ever be prosecuted, you do not have authorization to legally import drugs.

2. The product may be fake. Many of these companies are selling legitimate Restylane and many are not. The problem is how to tell the difference.

3. No legitimate practitioner would inject you with product that does not come from his or her own practice, so unless you want to inject yourself (and have access to the proper equipment) you may have a problem using the product.

It's just not a good idea, no matter how you look at it.

Harold J. Kaplan, MD

Online purchasing of Restylane

+1

The fastest growing organized crime in the world is the sale of adulterated and fake medicines. while it may never overtake the drug importation it has become a multibillion a year business.

Peruse online directories and you can seemingly buy EVERY injectible.The question is - Did you buy the real thing or a fake? If it was the real thing, how was is stored on the way from "Sweden" - was it exoposed to extreme temperatures which would have inactivated it?

Some salon operators increase their profit margins by purchasing wrinkle fillers from Canadian pharmacies or worse. I agree with Dr. Schlessinger - if you want to get the "right stuff" get it from a licensed physician. Do not take chances.

No, online product purchases are unsafe!

+1

Think twice before you purchase a product like this online. There are many unscrupulous places selling knock-offs of this product that are actually anything ranging from paste to other products and have harmed many individuals.

Remember (and repeat this): This is my face and it is worth getting unadulterated, genuine product from a reputable surgeon. While you may be poorer due to this, you won't have lumps that last a lifetime and kick yourself for being pennywise and pound-foolish.

Joel Schlessinger, MD
Omaha Dermatologist