Does Anyone Still Use Restylane SubQ?

I've never had filler before and tomorrow I am getting SubQ filler in the cheek area and chin area, but it's not mentioned much on this forum, there is more about Radiesse, Sculptra, Restylane Perlane and Juvederm Ultra. Is SubQ no longer considered a 'good' option for cheek and jowls? Are there safety issues? I am 40 years of age and have flat cheeks and some slight jowling.

Restylane SubQ

The US Restylane is traditionally injected into the dermis. When treating under the eyes, it is injected underneath the muscle just over the bone.

The Restylane SubQ is not available in the U.S. and therefore use in the U.S. is, to the best of my knowledge, not permitted.

Miami Dermatologic Surgeon

1500 E Hillsboro Blvd.
Deerfield Beach, FL 33441

Restylane SubQ

Restylane SubQ is not available in the US so I really can not comment on it. We have many great products in the US in the HA dep't.

1049 Fifth Ave
New York, NY 10028

Restylane SubQ

You ask a question that can not be addressed by USA plastic surgeons, since we have no experience with that exact product. Best of luck from MIAMI Dr. B

6330 Manor Lane
Miami, FL 33143

Restylane SubQ is not approved in the United States.

This forum primarily represents United States surgeons.  Restylane SubQ in not available in the USA and it never will be.  It is a very thick product that is a great volumizer.  It does tend to cause bumps.  However if it is placed in the cheek, chins or jowls, you should do just great with this treatment.

9001 Wilshire Blvd
Beverly Hills, CA 90211

It never did make it to the US

Due to many other options such as Sculptra, Radiesse and other HA fillers like Restylane and Perlane, SQ never did make it to the US market so far.  There were some issues with the size of the needle I believe and concerns with lumps, but nothing terrible that I am aware.  Good luck!

Joel Schlessinger, MD
Omaha Dermatologic Surgeon

2802 Oak View Drive
Omaha, NE 68144