How Does Restylane Smooth my Face?

Why does Restylane last longer than other filler options? Is it the best for making the face appear smoother?

How Does Restylane Smooth my Face?

+1

Restylane is a hyaluronic acid filler that works by adding volume beneath the skin surface. Treatment with Restylane may contribute to facial smoothness in several ways: by directly filling facial creases or lines, by improving areas of relative depression, by restoring volume to deflated facial regions and by camouflaging the contours of wrinkles or sagging. Several hyaluronic acid fillers are available and each lasts approximately 6-9 months on average depending upon where in the face they are used. Other fillers (non-hyaluronic acid) are available that are longer lasting and have more favorable characteristics for certain uses. An experienced doctor can advise you about which filler options are available, the relative benefits and drawbacks of each option and how each may applied in your particular case. Good luck. 

Smoothing the face with Restylane

+1

Although Restylane is an excellent dermal filler for facial shaping and volumizing, it isn't necessarily the best option without knowing what your treatment goals are, areas to be treated, budget, etc.  Technique and correct amount of product will always be key factors in duration and final outcomes.

Please visit our website to see more articles and photos related to Rest ylane uses for facial shaping.

Harold J. Kaplan, MD

Restylane is a shorter lasting filler

+1

Restylane is actually one of the shorter lasting fillers. Restylane is made of hyaluronic acid, a natural component of the skin that progressively decreases with age. Hyaluronic acid is one of the components of the normal skin forming part of the extracellular matrix of the dermis and providing support for other tissues. It works best by plumping up thinning lips, filling wrinkle lines on the lips, and for treatment of mild to moderate wrinkle lines on the face. Restylane is injected into the skin at the level of the mid to deep dermis.

Mitchell Schwartz, MD
South Burlington Dermatologic Surgeon

How Does Restylane Smooth my Face?

+1

No, Restylane and Juvederm are the thinner type fillers and will last about 6-8 months.  If you're looking to smooth out indentations or depressions, of the face, Sculptra might be the best and can last up to 2 years.  If you're looking to shape the cheeks, Perlane or Radiesse work best and I like using Radiesse to shape the jaw line. 

Restylane

+1

Restylane actually is one of the shorter lasting fillers. It lasts about 6 months. All the hyaluronic acid fillers fill contour depressions. They really aren't good fine line fillers and may show up as a bluish hue when injected too superficially.

Restylane is a great filler

+1

Restylane is a hyaluronic acid filler which is similar to Juvederm.  How long it lasts depends on several factors, including the individual patient and the specific location on the face.  Restylane will not last as long in areas that move a lot such as around the mouth.  Fillers that I commonly use include Restylane, Juvederm, Radiesse, and Sculptra.  These are all FDA approved.  There is no one "best" filler.  It depends on the individual patient and what you are trying to accomplish. 

Richard Ort, MD
Lone Tree Dermatologic Surgeon