Can Restylane or Something Similar Make my Down Turned Lip Corners Normal? (photo)

Also How Much Would It Cost and How long would it last approximately? in case it matters im 18 years old

Turn the frown upsidedown with Botox!!

+2

Before you try fillers, think about using Botox. A couple units in each muscle that pulls down the corners of the mouth (depressor anguli oris or DAO) may do the trick. And it will be much less expensive than opening a syringe of filler that could run anywhere from $300-700. Four units of botox would cost about $50 and you would see results in about a week. If that wasn't enough, then consider adding fillers.

Baltimore Facial Plastic Surgeon

Filler for Down Turned Lip Corners

+2

Dear Real Self Reader, You have beautiful, full lips.  The self photo tends to create a curvature of the face that is not seen in real life, so it is hard to tell how much the corners turn down.  Sometimes with very full lips, it is just the rapid transition to the corner that gives the illusion of a downward slant.  In any case, the answer is yes, Restylane or other hyaluronic acid fillers can be used to elevate the corners of the mouth.  This can be accomplished by injecting beneath the corner, or in some cases in the lateral aspect of the lips to elongate them.  It will last approximately a year, and if you hate it, it can be dissolved by injecting hyaluronidase.  The cost will range from $550 to $700 in our area.  Be sure to check the credentials of the doctor you are choosing to be sure he or she is Board Certified.  Best Wishes.

Kaye Riolo, MD
Fresno Plastic Surgeon

Restylane for the mouth

+2

Dear adrian23,

1. Restylane or Juvederm can get you the results you are looking for
  2. Alternatively, we should look at the entire face and see what will make you look the best
  3. Sometimes using the Restylane elsewhere can still lift the corners of the mouth and get you a better overall results

Best regards,

Nima Shemirani

Nima Shemirani, MD

Lip treatment for corners of the mouth.

+2

You have beautiful full lips!  The shape of your face, including your mouth, is represented in your age, genetics, and habits.  The picture that you posted may be distorted by the way the camera is angled.  Restylane or any HA is placed in the corners of the mouth to give volume where volume is lost (i.e. weight, age).  This area is termed marionette lines and is usually seen on older faces.  Because your upper lip is quite full, it gives the appearance that your corners are down-turning when they really are not.  I would not change a thing!

Cheryl Eberting, MD
Salt Lake City Dermatologist

Restylane and corners of the mouth

+1

Restylane or another dermal filler (Juvederm, Perlane) would help support the corners of your mouth - as well as some neurotoxin to the muscles that pull the corners down. Consult with a well-trained and reputable provider in your area for your best options!

Sam Naficy, MD

How to turn up lip corners

+1

I would advise a little botulinum toxin (e.g. Botox, Dysport, Xeomin) in the DAO (Depressor Anguli Oris), as well as a firm filler like Perlane or Radiesse to lift and support the corners of the lips so that you don't look like you're frowning all the time. ~ Dr. Benjamin Barankin, Toronto Dermatology Centre.

Benjamin Barankin, MD
Toronto Dermatologic Surgeon

Can Restylane or Something Similar Make my Down Turned Lip Corners Normal?

+1

I agree with the below answers, botox or dysport in the DAO would be a great option to help stop the pulling of your mouth downwards. Also, radiesse which is a stronger filler may be a good option to help bring some structure under the mouth, lifting it slightly.

Hope this was helpful!

Philip Young, MD
Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon

Restylane for downturned lip corners

+1

The combination of Restylane, JuvĂ©derm or Belotero as well as Botox for the DAO muscle relaxation works best.  I like Juvederm UP XC especially as it is longer lasting. 

Kevin Tehrani, MD, FACS

Restylane for corners of the mouth

+1

Fillers such as Restylane or Juvederm can add volume and lift the corners of your mouth.  The cost depends on the amount required and the results typically last 6 to 12 months.

Martie Gidon, MD, FRCPC
Toronto Dermatologist

+1

Yes a filer might improve the downward appearance of the oral commissures. Or a minor outer lip lift operation.