Can Restylane Shift from One Area to Another?

About a month ago, I had a small amount of Restylane put in the outer corners of my chin (to reduce jowling) by a PS. But the filler has migrated up toward the left side of my mouth, and the inner part of my left cheek! Can Restylane migrate? Could it still move if I don't get it dissolved?

Restylane migration

+1

Fillers do not migrate once they are placed.  It is doubtful that this accounts for the problem. It may be due to swelling that could be a sequelae of the procedure.

Restylane does NOT migrate

+1

I have used Restylane regularly since it came out in the US and have never seen migration of the kind you describe (migrated up toward the left side of my mouth).

Restylane has not been reported to migrate

+1
There have not been reports of migration such as you have described. See your physician. It might be worth trying hyaluronidase injections to dissolve the swollen areas.

Ronald Shelton, MD