Is restylane safe to hide edges of gore-tex implant? Will I have complications with fillers after revision? (Photo)

I am Asian with thin skin & bulbous tip. I had gore-tex implant placed on bridge & septal cartilage on tip 2 months ago (doctor suggested gore-tex). The implant is too big & can be seen through the skin. I will do revision with smaller implant but my doctor says wait a year to not mess up the work he did on the tip. I hate seeing the outline of the implant. I don't want to look like this for a year. He mentioned Resty to smooth out the edges during my post-op. I read about necrosis & am scared.

Nasal implant

+2
First of all, you should have the implant removed as it is certainly unsightly and it can be removed without harming whatever tip work was done. And then you most definitely need to see more than one consultant and make sure they have plenty of experience with nasal augmentation. Filler injections at this point would be a waste of your time and money.

Fillers placed in the nose

+2
We do not recommend fillers placed in the nose especially after foreign body, synthetic implant is already in there. The implant should be removed since it's not the right size and placement of a cartilage graft or Silastic implant would be the best alternative.

Depending on your examination, you may be a candidate to have your bridge implant camouflaged after Rhinoplasty.

+1
I see your concern. In our practice we have had success camouflaging the edges of nasal implants with Silikon-1000, an off-label filler for permanent results. In many cases this may preclude further surgery. There are no reported cases of nasal necrosis following microdroplet silicone nasal injections. In our experience, we have not seen infection after such treatments.

An in-person examination would be necessary to determine the suitability of silicone nasal injections for you.

I do not advocate gel fillers for nasal injection after rhinoplasty for the reasons you stated.

Hope this helps you.

Dr. Joseph

Eric M. Joseph, MD
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon